Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Exercise bike / Turbo trainer
  • womp
    Free Member

Im looking for an Exercise bike or Turbo trainer for our gym at work budget is around 2k so im either thinking

Wahoo Kickr with a steel framed bike mounted permanently with an Ipad, advantages here are the apps for recording workouts

A wattbike, seems the industry standard for power/technique measurement but is it as fun for day to day use as the Kickr with its various apps (segment challenges, virtual trainer..ect)

or is their something else that i should look at ?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Steel framed bike is only going to be one size with just the saddle height being an easy adjustment, Wattbike or similar will be far more adjustable and able to accommodate a much wider variation of users. Also the simplicity of operation of a dedicated system would be a better than a bike attached to a trainer with a separate controller.

If it were for home and one user than you could tailor it for your needs but for multiple users I’d go for one integrated and adjustable unit.

womp
    Free Member

Very very good point, I guess it’s back to google for some excercise bike options, hopefully with virtual trainers or some sort of app capability

monkeychild
    Free Member

Watt bikes are great bits of kit. You hook it upto the laptop for oodles of information

CaptJon
    Free Member

The Watt Bikes at our gym keep breaking – mainly the quick releases, but some of the belts/chains have gone too. I suspect they get loads of use though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Exercise bike / Turbo trainer’ is closed to new replies.