Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • excuses to go for an interview
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Had a phone call from agency this evening saying could i go to an interview on wednesday,

So wondering the best way to excuse myself.

My boss knows i am house hunting but was a bit funny about me giving a days notice once before of a viewing, I did tell him 4 weeks ago that i was being evicted and that i would have to do some house hunting and i might not be able to give much notice of each visit.

OR i could make up some b****s**t excuse such as cracked tooth/emergency dentist.

But i know i can't do both.

I don't like my job i have given it two months and want to get out, but i would rather not be fired as it does pay more than the dole, and knowing the place they probably would fire me at no notice. Not enamoured of the micro-management, workload, lack of support, attitude, etc, let alone the traveling the cost of fuel etc, The last straw was being stuck on the M5 again.

RealMan
    Free Member

I take it just going isn't an option? House hunting sounds good enough, then go for a bike ride (obviously)

highclimber
    Free Member

I'd just be honest and tell them you are looking elsewhere. they can't strictly fire you for looking for another job though they might have grounds for disciplinary if they found out you were lying to them

Cougar

Is there any reason why you have to give a reason? Your personal life is no concern of work. "I need Weds afternoon off, is that ok? Ta."

mrmo
    Free Member

Is there any reason why you have to give a reason? Your personal life is no concern of work. "I need Weds afternoon off, is that ok? Ta."

an arsey micro-managing boss who will winge about not being given enough notice and that i should book 1 week in advance.

Cougar

Ah, yeah. I take your point, but it's still none of their business. You need time off for "personal reasons" or a home emergency.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Phone in sick, you're not staying so don't worry about it.

BBQ chicken the night before = 24 hour sickness

xc-steve
    Free Member

Phone call Wednesday morning I have diarrhea….

tazzymtb
    toys19
    Free Member

Hmm what happens when the new employer calls fro a reference? I would be honest.

brakes
    Free Member

tell them you're going for your monthly haemorrhoid trim

NZCol

> Hmm what happens when the new employer calls fro a reference? I would be honest. <

Eh, you honestly wouldn't put your current employer down as a reference would you ?

JulianA
    Free Member

NZCol – Member
    > Hmm what happens when the new employer calls fro a reference? I would be honest. <

Eh, you honestly wouldn't put your current employer down as a reference would you ?

Not necessarily, but they will very likely contact them…

Gonna have to think up some excuses myself soon, hopefully!

Luckily, my employer will only confirm dates and times of employment (I think!)…

JulianA
    Free Member

PS Surely if a company is worth working for they will interview you first thing in the morning or last thing in the evening. Do you want to work for (another) inflexible employer?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘excuses to go for an interview’ is closed to new replies.