Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Exciting purchases
  • whatnobeer
    Free Member

Just bought my 2016 Whistler bike park pass, opening day tomorrow, so pretty stoked.

What have you bought recently that’s got you excited to ride?

Bregante

This

I’ve had it for several months now but have only just regained enough fitness to ride it and I can’t leave it alone. I bloody love it.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Carbon Lefty fork for new project.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

That’s a nice looking bike, lugged steel? And skin sidewalls <3

mikey74
    Free Member

Funnily enough…. a Whistler lift pass :mrgreen:

crispyrice

I’m awaiting my Kingdom Vendetta Boost frame….

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Funnily enough…. a Whistler lift pass

😀

Holiday out here or living here?

Northwind

Building new wheels for the fatbike, they’ll take about 600g out of it per end so I ought to feel that 😆 And a longer dropper for the proper bike, should be good that too.

mikey74
    Free Member

Holiday out here or living here?

Only a holiday, unfortunately, although for the 10th year in a row.

coogan
    Free Member

People still say ‘stoked’?

rickon
    Free Member

I’m suffering from over-stoke with this frame from Bird and a build kit from mboy arriving soon!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

People still say ‘stoked’?

I used to ridicule people who said it seriously in the UK, but everyone out here uses it and it’s crept into my lexicon unironically.

Northwind

My grandad used to say stoked, or well stoked. He didn’t mean it quite the same, but close enough. (he was a merchant navy engineer)

martymac

I recently bought an ebike, and it has helped me get excited about going out riding, for the first time in a long time.

phil40
    Free Member

After looking for ages, and seeing nothing that was either the right size or in my price range, I picked up an Orange five at the weekend, second hand, 2011 with 26″ wheels and a triple! Admittedly it is ‘retro’ but I don’t care, it is great fun to ride!

lunge

I’m buying a new helmet today, and I may even treat myself to a new Garmin too.

MoreCashThanDash

Looking at a sunny 20 mile local bridleway loop with a brunch stop at the amazing Nutbrook Coffee Shop on the way back.

Quite looking forward to that purchase 😀

spawnofyorkshire

I recently bought an ebike, and it has helped me get excited about going out riding, for the first time in a long time.

Excellent, that’s why e-bikes have a place on the trails in my mind 😀

I’ve got one of those sunrace 11-42 cassettes coming this week to go 1×10 and I’ve bought a new riding jersey that matches my helmet.

I seem to have shifted from only owning Madison riding gear to Endura

jolmes
    Free Member

The last Trek Domane 5.2 in Europe in my size, picking her up on Friday after finishing the Bike Fit.

dogthomson

KitKat Chunky! Ahh… You said ride, not eat. Sorry.

Merak

I pick mine up next month, first bike, cannot wait.

kayla1
    Free Member

A wheel truing stand- I’ve just finished <Fisher Price>My First Wheel Build</Fisher Price> (some 36mm internal 26+ rims) and am looking forward to

1. them fitting in my frame ok
    2. not dying the first time I use them
    3. all of that extra awesome grip so I can shred even radder and gnarlier etc…
    4. just not dying, really

weeksy

It was exciting when I bought it last week… it was a complete disappointment when I got it home….

It’s now ready for Silverstone GP on Wednesday !

adsh
    Free Member

S works Epic frame and SID XX

Exciting to build but much threshold pain to come…..

davosaurusrex

Uplift day ticket for Hurtgenwald bike park this weekend, looking forward to it;

http://mtb-park-huertgenwald.de/

Guys in the videos are motoring!

honourablegeorge

When does Whistler close? I’m probably going to have to spend some time in Canada with work soon…. will be trying to split it across a weekend and get two days biking in.

clodhopper
    Free Member

24 pairs of mechanics gloves. Living the dream.

shortcut

I bought a race entry last night.

Check this out: Linky Here

Very exciting. Should be about a 3 week trip, around the world to do it.

jimdubleyou

I bought a race entry last night.

Check this out: Linky Here

Very exciting. Should be about a 3 week trip, around the world to do it.

Your link’s broken, http://thepioneer.co.nz/

The first one of these was on Channel 4 (or maybe 5) about a month ago.

Does look awesome.

nedrapier

I just bought a centre stand dolly for the CBR1000F. Should make getting a quarter of a tonne of motorbike in and out of the garage, and tucked away neatly a lot less of a struggle. Boring in itself, but it’s going to make riding easier, which can only be a good thing!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

When does Whistler close? I’m probably going to have to spend some time in Canada with work soon…. will be trying to split it across a weekend and get two days biking in.

Bike park is open until mid October, trails in the valley will be free of snow until November.

alwillis

A pair of Roka R1 goggles that I tried in the pool tonight and will break in proper at the lake tomorrow night- basically the Oakley version of swim goggles as far as I can tell!

schmiken

I got my Rapide 11 speed adaptors through the post today and fitted one – SRAM X0 shifter driving an XX mech across an XT 11 speed cassette. Very excited to ride it!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Rapide 11 speed adaptors

thats a great fettle

schmiken

Took a while to fit as you have to hammer two rivets out, but look great and shift fine in the stand. True test will be riding it!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Exciting purchases’ is closed to new replies.