Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Excessive camping gear.!
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have just come back from a camping trip with the gf's relatives. Here cousin has take the award for going over the top with camping gear. Two adults and two kids in a people carrier with…

Two tents
    A fold up camp bed
    Air bed
    Duvets
    pillows
    A table to cook on
    A table to eat at
    A dinner set fit for the queen
    Salad dressing of various types
    Sauces
    Cereals
    Toaster.!
    A fan heater
    Blender
    Enough food to feed the five thousand
    And enough clothing to dress them
    A slide
    Electric cars
    Scooters
    Cricket set
    Footballs
    And the list goes on and on and on… 😯

This was not a weeks holiday. This was two days in the Warwickshire country side. I have never seen so much stuff stuffed into a motor in all my life. My kitchen at home is not this well equipped.

Drac

You rock!

Kahurangi

Saw this with Les Anglais en France. Small families would need an estate with a roof box and/or trailer. Constant entertainment and video games for the kids. ffs.

We had 4 adults in a clio with a small roof box for 8 days camping. We rock. Cooking gear comprised a Trangia and a Bialetti espresso pot.

djglover
    Free Member

To be honest, I doubt I could manage without a duvet, pillows for 8 days, let alone cooking freeze dried vesta curries in the dark and taking a dump in a shared bog that hasn't been cleaned for a month.

Camping is awful

trail_rat
    Free Member

where do you camp djglover ? homeless shelters

nickc

Some people like to go light, some people like to have stuff, so what?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

We take all that stuff too! MrsFM won't go without her creature comforts, even has to take her ghd's. The blender is maybe a step too far tho….

geoffj

djglover in I'm a snob shocker

Onzadog
    Free Member

with a kit list like that, are you sure they were not doing DoE?

Shakey
    Free Member

TBH with car boot camping my attitude is whatever I can fit in the car/trailer. This just applies to camping gear and I would have to admit that a duvet is a bit OTT.

Smee
    Free Member

No hair straighteners?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

may as well fill the car,

which for me wold prbably be 1 bike and a trangia!

antigee

tick plus inflatable canoe and huge huge huge fold up bbq, wine rack AND of course salad servers

it all goes downhill when you get camping chairs

mrs antigee never really understood why i was pleased that i'd found a nice cave to sleep in below Naranjo De Bulnes

chubby_monk
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with camping chairs antigee!

we have a 5 man tent for the 2 of us. At 36kgs is a heavy beast, but when it rained we had 6 people (and camping chairs) in the living area no problem.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Have you been camping with us? We take stupid amounts too, mainly because we can. We used to go light, but an extra item per trip has found it's way into our car, until the boot is just rammed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Excessive camping gear.!’ is closed to new replies.