Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Exceptional customer services
  • onandon
    Free Member

Within 5 posts I’d imagine someone will say they’re shite, but just been speaking to Rapha customer services.
    They’re on another level to anyone else I’ve had to deal with for a warranty claim.

Yes, the stuff is expensive but they take care of you exceptionally well if you have an issue.

***** 5 start, would buy here agin.

tails
    Free Member

Tesco’s they had some weighing scales on tesco direct for less than the shop price I asked the manager and he discounts them for me.

chakaping
    Free Member

Lidl, they let my child do a poo in the staff toilets.

tthew

Next didn’t want to let us use their staff toilets for the child, but in the end they relented as it was that or pour what was already in the child’s trousers onto the floor.

Top (skid) marks Next. !!

jbproductions
    Free Member

Planet X – They took a credit card payment from me, they had an issue with the order not going through, and now a month later, 2 x phone calls, 3 x e-mail they still are unable to refund my money. Quite exceptional.

To be fair the people have spoken to have tried to help but the refund just hasn’t happened.

Time for another phone call I think.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Do you ever start typing something to post on STW and then realise you are even boring yourself… so why would anyone else wanna read it.

Just had one of those moments …. as you were.

Oh the ironing I know.

jbproductions
    Free Member

On a more positive note, Superstar Components were great recently on a warranty issue for a wheel with a failed rim. Excellent coms, quick turnaround on the rebuild.

Sandwich

jb contact your card issuer and chargeback. Job jobbed and a black mark for PlanetX

iainc

+1 on Rapha; I have a fair amount of their road kit, always bought in the biannual sale and have had to return a few things and had one stitching failure – great service from them.

gray

SportPursuit were great with a rather expensive bike frame that arrived damaged.

jbproductions
    Free Member

Sandwich – I was trying to avoid that approach but I think a month is long enough.

MoreCashThanDash

Oakley customer services.

You get what you pay for.

gonzy
    Free Member

primark let my daughter poo in their staff toilets
    my son dropped his burger on the floor at My Lahore in Rusholme…we ordered a new burger and offered to pay for it. the manager gave us the full burger meal free of charge

RichT

To go with the theme…
    My son threw up in the Hogwart’s Great Hall at the Warner Bros. studios in Leavesden, but as I caught it in a doggie poo bag and it was his birthday, they gave us some tickets for another date!!

allyharp

Alpkit. Repaired my broken 5 year old Gourdon for free. Great service especially considering how cheap the kit is in the first place.

pondo

We do great customer service, us – not many of you will need it.

My son threw up in the Hogwart’s Great Hall at the Warner Bros. studios in Leavesden, but as I caught it in a doggie poo bag and it was his birthday, they gave us some tickets for another date!!

That’s a special story. 🙂

kaiser
    Free Member

PLanet X ..absolutely hopeless. Delayed my order of 15 items for 6 weeks as a £1 spacer was out of stock. took 4 phone calls , numerous failed promises from them and several unanswered emails before the stuff arrived 1 month later.

kaiser
    Free Member

PLanet X ..absolutely hopeless. Delayed my order of 15 items for 6 weeks as a £1 spacer was out of stock. took 4 phone calls , numerous failed promises from them and several unanswered emails before the stuff arrived 1 month later. Truly exceptionally poor service.

honourablegeorge

Once is bad Kaiser, but to do it to you a second time?

bruneep

Garmin upgraded my wife’s out of warranty vivosmart activity device to a new vivosmart HR.

nathb
    Free Member

1) Proviz sports – amazing customer service, sent me new pads for a helmet FOC, plus a high visibility beanie hat.
    2) Wiggle – Mio gps was a week out of warranty when it decided to detach itself, they sent it back to MIO who couldn’t do anything but they gave me the value back in Wiggle vouchers.
    3) Fitbit – currently on the third warranty replacement. Although they did say this is the final one. 😆

For exceptionally bad customer service, the award has to go to PX – see London Road thread.

northshoreniall

Osprey- caught bag on tree and ripped it. Emailed them to ask about paying for a repair, asked me send it in, had it back within a week repaired all for the cost of posting it to them. Most excellent!

gonzy
    Free Member

Once is bad Kaiser, but to do it to you a second time?

obviously he’s glutton for punishment 😆

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Thermarest

Know of a few people (self included) who’ve sent them quite old well used mats that have delaminated and been replaced with a brand new equivalent mat within a couple of days.

orangespyderman

Fitbit – currently on the third warranty replacement. Although they did say this is the final one

Out of curiosity :
    – is it an issue that warrants ( 🙂 ) a warranty replacement
    Or
    – are they replacing something that they know, and you know, you broke 3 times and just being nice about it?

Just because if it’s the former, then that’s rather shabby customer service, – it shouldn’t matter a jot if it’s 1st or the 150th one that you have break and they should have all their pudding taken off them for suggesting otherwise. If it’s the latter, then that’s pretty damn good of them and they deserve more pudding.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Exceptional customer services’ is closed to new replies.