Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Excellent service from TF Tuned
  • stompweaver

Just a quickie to say thanks to TF Tuned for the fantastic customer service I have received from them recently and to recommend anyone looking for suspension servicing or tuning to serious considering sending work their way.

I pre-ordered a Vorsprung Corset for my Specialized Enduro and received it the day after it arrived at TF. Then followed a series of issues caused by a minor manufacturing fault that damaged the air seal in the shock causing it to become stuck down and the realisation that the Corset would not work in combination with the leverage curve of the Enduro and my body weight no matter what the combination of air pressures and spacers. This has resulted in TF not recommending them for fitment to Enduros and at present and Vorsprung developing a specific Corset for the Enduro.

TF were utterly professional throughout. I dealt with Murray pretty much exclusively after the initial purchase and even though his heart must’ve sank when he heard my voice on the phone for the fifteenth time he was always friendly, polite and very knowledgeable. In the end TF swapped the Corset for a new one, tested it on my shock and finally refunded the purchase price and rebuilt my shock none of which I paid any extra for and all of which was offered without any prompting from myself.

I can’t recommend TF highly enough, my Pikes will soon be heading their way for some love and FAST internals 8)

downhilldave

Good result. Check for the Fast upgrade before you send them in, got my Pikes serviced last week and wanted the full fast internals but they are out of stock and were unable to give an idea of when they might arrive. Did a good job on my Pikes which had maybe 8mm of freeplay and the normal topout clunk, seem fine now.

stompweaver

It’s nice to able to report good service 😀

Thanks for the heads up Dave. It’s a shame that TF don’t have the internals in stock I was looking forward to seeing how much difference they made as I have never been able to get my Pikes setup just so.

Other than fixing the free play (got some of that) and top clunk (haven’t got one of those) how much difference did the standard service make to the feel of your Pike?

downhilldave

They now feel like they did when new, pretty good Tbf. Been back to Fishers twice under warranty and never felt right. Told TF the symptoms and they said there were a couple of things they could try. Still fancy the full Fast jobbie thou. Check with em, they might have a date now.

chakaping
    Free Member

TF saw me right with my CCDB Inline last month when I sent it in for service after 11 months – ‘cos it was riding really clunky.

Turned out there was internal damage so it was repaired under warranty.

Thumbs up for not just taking my money anyway.

Shock riding great again now.

🙂

stompweaver

Dave – It’s the second lot of Pike’s I have had, the first ones were great and seemed perfect out of the box but my current ones have never felt as good. I’ll check with TF and see if they know when the FAST internals will be available again. I’d like to get them done before I go to Spain in July. If they aren’t I’ll get them serviced anyway.

chakaping – TF could’ve said to me that I’d have to pay for the rebuild but didn’t. It’s a nice feeling when you are treated well. All my stuff and my friends will be going there from now on so it’s good for business too. It’s just a shame that there aren’t more companies out there who don’t operate in the same way!

excitable1
    Free Member

+1 for TF

Had my shock Push & custom tuned then my 2014 Talas 34’s converted to Floats.

Superb quick service and amazing results.

My advice to anyone who’ll listen… send your shocks and forks here before wasting money on new stuff… they come back better than new & just the way you want them !!!

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Would you mind elaborating a little why corset is not suitable for Enduro frame? I was contemplating getting one for my 29er.
    Thanks

tomhoward

They’ve always been great for me. In fact, too good once.

I’d ordered a ccdb inline and as luck would have it I bagged the last one in the size I needed. But when they checked it over before sending it out they found a small nick on the body, so rejected back to cc. I really wouldn’t have minded/noticed… But as it was the last one I had to wait for more stock. Hey ho!

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Thanks Luke & all for the kind words – much appreciated! We are always happy to chat through tuning options/ alternatives. It’s about getting it right for the individual & we work hard to make that happen for you.

Happy riding!

psycorp
    Free Member

A big thanks from me too for the recent PUSH tune on the CTD off my Ariel 16x. It actually works now and doesn’t feel like a bag of blancmange fitted to the bike.

😉

stompweaver

tFtR – My Enduro is a 29er too. There are several issues with the shock/Corset combo which basically boils down to the high leverage rate and low shock compression ratio. This is exacerbated by rider weight; the heavier you are the higher the pressures you will need to run. The safe working limit of the shock is 300 psi. I weight 95 KG kitted up and even with 300 psi and the largest volume spacer fitted it was still too soft (sag 35%+) and would bottom out very easily.

Vorsprung explain it on their home page:

Vorsprung Suspension

Thanks again TF. Many happy customers on here. Keep up the good work. 8)

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

So what is the best rear shock / shock modification for heavy riders then?

chris_db
    Free Member

TF recommended a coil (VanRC) push tuned to my weight; worked perfectly.

I’m 115kg 🙁

Chris

thered

They are excellent aren’t they, they sorted me a spring that’s not firm enough, have sent me another to try free that’s probably a little too much (didn’t have the right one in stock), and have said either send em both back or just one and we’ll sort the cash as appropriate.

Been excellent every time I’ve phoned em too.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

chris_db

I have considered Push 11-6 shock for my Enduro 29er as some sort of sweetener for my 2015 riding season ending prematurely (massive crash few weeks ago, no riding for another month or two until I can walk properly again). But it is no go.

PUSH shock does not cater for heavier riders, their springs for Enduro size shock end at 575lb which is only suitable for riders up to 240lb ride ready. When inquired with them directly, they were not able to say when or if ever heavier springs would be available. Unfortunately this shock does not accept springs other than their own. Bummer….

toronte
    Free Member

I just came across this thread and wanted to add that Vorsprung now make a specific Corset for Spesh Enduros and they exchange the old one for you.
    Not an exact comparison but on my 2012 Enduro I ran 280-300 psi with a medium spacer. It felt great.
    I now ride a 2014 Enduro 29 with the Enduro-specific Corset at 190psi with a large spacer. I’m not quite done with setting it up however.
    I weigh ~170lbs.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Excellent service from TF Tuned’ is closed to new replies.