Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Excellent new LBS in Central Somerset .
  • oldfart

Bike City in Wells have just moved .Popped in today and was pleased with the new look .Pete the owner and Jim the spannerman a good helpful couple of blokes .What you miss on t'internet Pete's got the road and XC covered and Jim's all things D/H and freeride .So if you are in the area pop in and have a chat or go on one of the shop rides .
    If only all LBS blokes were like this !and no i don't work for them or have been paid by 'em .Credit where credit's due is all .

oldfart

bump

Clink

Where have they moved to? Last time I went in I wanted a Hope crown race; they had a Hope spares tray but didn't have one. Fair enough but no offer to order one in – just we haven't got one, sorry. Little ££ I know, but it meant I went elsewhere – where I was offered service and now spend some money.

judderman
    Free Member

they are here –

Well said Oldfart, decent shop with top blokes and excellent ethos! coffee shop on one side, pub on the other, what else could you wish for 😀

Edric64
    Free Member

Bogs opposite!!

Clink

Great – I can get a coffee,beer and relieve myself but can I get bits I need for my bike. 😆 Quite willing to give them another chance; might pop over atweekend. Competetion from Bad Ass Bike now though.

nickegg
    Free Member

BadAssBikes is better 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I'll pop in and see the new place on Saturday. Never know, I might buy something!

judderman
    Free Member

OF

good to see you in ST mag this month, thanks for getting me a mention although i look a bit 'dodgy' in photos 😉 t'was a good ride & im looking forward to the exmoor one at easter.

oldfart

My pleasure Nige .Can't help with you looking dodgy though ! 😀

elliptic
    Free Member

That used to be the old model railway / airfix shop didn't it?

Must have a look in this weekend and say hello.

edd

Here here – Pete at Bike City is great. I try to buy as much as possible from him (although that's not always possible as I'm in Dubai at the moment). Always friendly and helpful – go and spend your money at Bike City!

judderman
    Free Member

OF
    [temporary thread hijack]
    anymore news on the easter ride?

oldfart

Oh yeah suppose i'd better get some details together .Will be seeing Knottie Sunday so i'll bend his ear .

Timmo
    Free Member

the new shops a fair bit smaller than the old one though isnt it?? wasnt ever the largest toy shop lol!! but might explain why last time i popped in they had a lot less in the shop!! (mother lives in wells) will drop in next time i'm up for sure,

judderman
    Free Member

no i think its of similar size, just a different shape

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I bought brake pads.

There were ordinary people in the shop and looking in the window 😯 Lets hope they buy stuff too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Excellent new LBS in Central Somerset .’ is closed to new replies.