Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Excel (well Google Docs) question of the day
  • jamiea
    Free Member

‘Tis something that should be simple but I fear will involve umpteen lines of code!

I’ve got a column for Year, Month and Day and want to work out the value other two when a figure is inputted into any of them. Any pointers?

Cheers,
    Jamie

allthepies
    Free Member

Question doesn’t make much sense.

If I enter a year then what do you want month and day to be populated with ? Ditto entering a month or a day.

Stoner
    Free Member

what fatso said.
    Q makes no sense.

jamiea
    Free Member

If I enter a a value in the Year column I want to divide it into a value per Month and per Days, or enter a value per Day and multiply it per Month and Year etc.

Cheer,
    Jamie

geoffj

Give us an example

Stoner
    Free Member

what kind of “value” are you entering? A full date “06/08/13” or just a year “2013”

Q still makes no sense

allthepies
    Free Member

OK, I read this as you enter a value against either a year, month or day.

As an example, the value represents “widgets sold”.

If I enter 200 widgets sold in the year column then you want 200/12 to appear in the month column and 200/365 in the day column (forget leap years). If I enter 1 widget sold in the day column then you want 1*(365/12) in the month column and 1*365 in the year column.
    Similarly, populating say 5 widgets in the month column gives 12*5 in year and 5/(365/12) in the day column.

Correct ?

jamiea
    Free Member

I want to work out the other two per each row.

Cheers,
    Jamie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Excel (well Google Docs) question of the day’ is closed to new replies.