Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Excel help – exciting stuff!
  • cardiff
    Free Member

Appologies for the very dull question in advance!

Putting together a spreadsheet for work and need to allow multiple choices from a set list in one particular cell.

Normally I would use the list function so you can chose from a drop down list in the cells, however as far as I can tell this only allows you to chose one of the options on that list rather than a number from the same list.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!

PlopNofear
    Free Member

Does this help?

Stoner
    Free Member

Youll need to use a List Box from the Control toolbox – but youre into the realms of VBA then….

What are you going to do with the selections once made?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Write the list of options.
    Choose the cell you want the options to be entered into
    Choose [DATA}
    Choose [DATA VALIDATION]
    Choose [LIST]
    Choose [SETTINGS}
    Choose [LIST]
    Choose [SOURCE]

select the list which contains the items.

Done

Ooops, just read it properly!

How many items in your option list?
    So you want a number of option boxes?

cardiff
    Free Member

Stoner, All, I’d really want to do is to use the options to sort the data afterwards. What I’m really trying to do is to limit the choices others can make when filling out the boxes so that they choose answers from a set list rather than making it up as they go along!

Plopnofear – thats pretty much exactly what I’m trying to do so looks like the solution is there! Not overly great when it comes to these types of things on Excel, especially on 2010 that I’ve jsut started using, is taking me ages to find simple tools!

Thanks for you help!

Stoner
    Free Member

How many potential selections might the user make? If it’s a max of say 3 out of a list of X, then why not just have three Validated list cells?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How many potential selections might the user make? If it’s a max of say 3 out of a list of X, then why not just have three Validated list cells?

Or just a list of all possible combinations

Stoner
    Free Member

😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Excel help – exciting stuff!’ is closed to new replies.