Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • excel help – driving me mad
  • Fantombiker

For some reason I can’t copy and paste formulas, it will only paste them as numbers. If I click on paste special it only shows text options.

I’ve got Excel 2010. The only thing hat has changed is that I was using data from a csv file in excel earlier….can this have changed all my excel??

I would be really grateful for a solution…..Cheers

Clobber
    Free Member

paste special lets you choose what to paste

edlong
    Free Member

Is the file you’re working in now saved as a CSV? Save As and check…?

MrGreedy

When you select the original cell, does it show the formula in the formula bar or just the value?
    (Alternatively click Formulas > Formula Auditing > Show Formulas to display in the worksheet itself)

If these are showing just values then at some point they’ve been hard coded into the worksheet.

MikeWW
    Free Member

Got exactly the same problem

Bushy

Could be you have 2 excel sessions open. You can’t copy formulas from one session into another.

Close one of the files, select the 2nd file, then open the first file from within excel (file-open etc rather than from explorer to ensure it opens in the same session).

RobHilton
    Free Member

A few possibilities. Skype Click-To-Call can cause this.

Fantombiker

I’ve tried the above still no joy. Its now doing it on all my excel files!!!

tO explain further, If I click on copy, the formula shows, then when I try and paste, it will only paste as a number. If I click on paste special it only gives the option of “paste as unicode text” ot “text”

What the hell is going on? virus?

muddy_bum
    Free Member

My quick google suggests that it is “Skype Click to Call” causing the problem.

Fantombiker

Thanks all. I quit skype and restarted and problem has gone…phew….I can now reach out for that friday glass of wine in relief. This forum is very helpful!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘excel help – driving me mad’ is closed to new replies.