Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Excel help – custom functions
  • matt_bl
    Free Member

I’ve seen some high class Excel tips on here in the past so i’m sure someone can point me in the right direction.

I have written a custom function on a workbook, which works perfectly for me, however no-one else who uses the workbook can use it and the cell shows a #NAME? error.

The function is workbook specific as I can only use it with that workbook open. I can achieve the same thing with hidden cells and normal formulae but I would like to solve this problem in case I need more complex functions in future. There are 50 potential users so creating an add-in for the function would be a PITA

Has anyone else had any luck with this kind of thing?

Thanks
    Matt

footflaps

Where is the custom function saved, if it is in the workbook you are sending to colleagues and they have Macros enabled, then they should be able to use it. If it is in a different workbook from the one you send to colleagues then they can’t access it……

matt_bl
    Free Member

It’s in a module in the workbook, the other users just open it from the shared drive.

In theory(!) everyone has to have macros enabled, there are other macros in the workbook.

Matt

Sundayjumper

Anything to do with the Analysis Toolpack ? You get a #NAME? if you’re trying to use a function from there and you don’t have the Toolpack installed.

Are all the other macros working for other people ? Just your function that’s gone squiffy ?

matt_bl
    Free Member

Damn them all, they don’t have macros enabled!

Thanks for reminding me of the obvious!

Matt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Excel help – custom functions’ is closed to new replies.