Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • excel help
  • Pook

how do

i’ve seen excel sheets with massive grey text in the background indicating year or whatever – how do you do that?

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

You need to look for Watermark in the help section or do you mean as in a text box that appears to help you with the entry format of that cell?

mrmo
    Free Member

like a watermark?

Pook

yeah kind of

Stoner
    Free Member

you can add a watermark (like a greyed text image) using header & footer menu.

But I cant think of any dynamic way of doing it.

mrmo
    Free Member

I would suggest looking under format, for header footer, can’t be certain as my PC is currently trying to chug its way through 30,000 lines of data using two related user defined functions, and i am going to kill myself through boredom if it carries on much longer!!!!!!!

Pook

“Watermark functionality is not available in Excel.”

grrr. i can put a picture behind each page but that’s not quite what i want

Stoner
    Free Member

for a dynamic background image of a variable you could also use the camera tool set to high transparency but its not great.

mrmo
    Free Member

idea, create a text box set the transparency and link it via VBA to a specified field on the data page? MAy not work..

Stoner
    Free Member

TBH if you’re trying to get Excel to do pretty stuff you’re probably using the wrong tool.

Pook

sod it – it’s not actually that important.

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

Not sure what it is in excel but in the software I use it is Format, Background select graphic then search. You could always make your own graphic and search for that in this section. Will post later if you are still having problems when I have been able to check an excel compatible system…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘excel help’ is closed to new replies.