Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Excel Help
  • spacecadett
    Free Member

I am struggling with an Excel formula and wondered if anybody could help me.

I have a column of dates and I need a formula to work out whether the date is ‘in year’ (after 1st August 2010) or ‘out of year’ (after 31st July 2011) and give the response ‘In’ or ‘Out’

Thank you.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

=IF(A1>40390,”out”,”in”)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What he said

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

where [A1] is the cell containing the date, then copy down

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

NOw can anyone do the analysis of my Q1 forecasts for me and put it into a logical powerpoint presenation?

spacecadett
    Free Member

CM – thank you

**** Southern Yeti, anybody would think I was asking for a logo.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

logical powerpoint?
    Use Prezi
    http://prezi.com

Spacecadett. A more transparent way to do it would be to put your cut off date in a cell, then use the same formula as above, but instead of ‘>40390’ put in the cell reference

mossimus
    Free Member

Presuming I read the original post correctly I make it =IF(A1>40755,”out”,”in”)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s okay I’m on it…. can someone give me a formula that saves £3m in a rational and achievable way?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Presuming I read the original post correctly I make it =IF(A1>40755,”out”,”in”)

oh yeah, wrong year. I guess the date cell would make it less prone to error

mossimus
    Free Member

Also presuming dates before 1/08/2010 also out then you should use
    =IF(A1>40755,”out”,IF(A1<40391,”out”,”in”)), just to be on the safe side

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

It’s okay I’m on it…. can someone give me a formula that saves £3m in a rational and achievable way

Place all your costs in a column(in this case from a1 to a26, in b26 (or at the bottom of the column), enter the following and drag up

=IF(SUM($A$26:A26)>3000000,A26,””)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😆 @ CharlieMungus

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Excel Help’ is closed to new replies.