Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ex Neighbours Cat – Advice
  • redthunder
    Free Member

The GF’s next door neighbour has just moved out as of yesterday. He has a cat that would always visit us and sort of become a surrogate pet.

We believe he moved last night and the cat turned up at our today. However, this is nothing new as he went away for days on end and the cat was always dumped outside.

The point of this post is the cat seems to have a worm/maggot like thing hanging out of her anus. Should we box it up and take to a vet but the trouble is the cost as it’s not ours.

Is there any cat charities in the Bristol area that would take a look at the cat.

Any advice would be nice 🙂

john_drummer
    Free Member

probably a worm. worming tablets ought to sort it out but TBH if it’s a klingon I’d take her to the vet

sharki
    Free Member

My only advice is to stop looking at cats bum hole, or at least don’t advertise your little habits here.

You could take it a vets to see if t’s been chipped, the owners would then need to foot the bill.

If not i’m not sure, worming tabs are i believe available off the shelf, but it maybe better to get a confirmation first. It may just be a pussy tampon.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Take her too the vet, wilko and b and m type places sell worming tablets cheap (about £4) but it could get you in trouble as you technically don’t own the cat and you don’t know if anyone else has treated her.

Edric64
    Free Member
    foxyrider
    Free Member

If its white and long its a tape worm. If it is don’t bother with supermarket/petshop wormers as they don’t work very well against tape worms (different from round worms) – got you your vet and get some Drontal cat tablets (kills off both types)!!

Houns

Don’t get ‘off the shelf’ worming tablets like bob martin, they are frankly shit.
    I’d take it to the vets and get some proper stuff, should cost much

Sounds like the owner couldn’t give a toss about the poor thing – After having a nightmare week involving a poor cat that hasn’t been cared for i think some folk shouldn’t be allowed to have pets 🙁

King-ocelot
    Free Member

B and M sometimes have drontal for £3.99, home bargains stock the same dosage stuff too sometimes.

Cougar

If it’s a stray, the RSPCA -might- foot the bill if you ask nicely. Might.

redthunder
    Free Member

Thanks All.

We’ll ring the RSPCA Monday.

samuri
    Free Member

the worms are awful. If the cat has them you find the worm bits all over the place and they all have the eggs that infect others in them. It’s pretty gross stuff.
    Drontal sorts them out.

colnagokid

PDSA should sort it as its not your cat

anagallis_arvensis

If you want the cat yourself and are happy to look after it just get some wormer tablets.

foxyrider
    Free Member

BTW if it has got tape worms it probably has round worms, fleas and may need vaccinating or has an underlying viral infection so unless its a piece of string/foreign material (which I doubt) then I think it need a once over from a vet/RSPCA/Cats Protection League.

redthunder
    Free Member

Quick Update and Good News:

The ex-neighbour is now the new neighbours landlord.

The new people have agreed to take the cat on [as they were thinking of getting one anyway] they have got some worming tablets and it’s getting a visit to the vets very soon.

Good news 🙂

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Not sure I’d rent a house off a landlord that left a worm ridden cat behind… Speaks volumes about the LL imo.

Good news it’s going to get looked after though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ex Neighbours Cat – Advice’ is closed to new replies.