Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • ex dispay 2010 vanilla QR15 stantions different colours + clunk ,,is this reet ?
  • rubberneck
    Free Member

oreet,
    got a pair of ‘ex display’ QR15 vanillas (look brand new/uncut steerer/no socket set marks on the topcaps etc) from mojo maybe 4 mnths ago and they have been very sticky from the off compared to the several earlier models i have owned from new and have only just really bedded in.

although im no expert, im not happy with the CLUNK they give when i pick the bike up by the stem and drop it again ,,,,, IS THIS NORMAL ?( am i right in thinking theirs a bit of slack to protect internals when locked out ?) also the RL stantion seems to be a slightly different ‘titanium’ colour than the other and the 2 other sets i own at the moment( R and RLC 2008/9 )do not seemed to have this difference,,,, IS THIS NORMAL for the 2010 model or have i been sold a dud.

dont want to look like a plum/be fobbed off when asking mojo these questions and need the STW vanilla owners opinions.

PS i have resisted the urge to change the spring/add more oil after i have read that some foxes come with the bare minimum oils etc ,,, after all,,, why should i, they should work OK from new and i dont dont want to give them the excuse that i have fkt them up buy tinkering.

opinions needed before i contact mojo.

TIA, kev.

neilc1881
    Free Member

I’ve got the same model and also get the clunky top-out when popping off things or lifting up the bike. Was actually considering getting in touch with mojo myself, but keep putting it off as otherwise the fork works well, sorry I can’t help but would be interested to see what comes of your enquiry.

neilc1881
    Free Member

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘ex dispay 2010 vanilla QR15 stantions different colours + clunk ,,is this reet ?’ is closed to new replies.