• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hora.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ex-Blur4X owners, what is the modern day equivalent?
  • hora
    Free Member

Must have all the same characteristics etc 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

Apologies but did you not like the 4x and so sold it……????

sharkattack

“The M4X was designed to be the ultimate slalom-4X-short travel dirt jump bike, but it has turned out to be so much more.
    Sure, it rails berms like nothing else on the planet, and the characteristics that make it flow through corners, remain composed in the air and take massive landings, also make it an incredibly fun trail bike. It’s exhilarating to be shredding a technical trail on an M4X with its razor sharp, accurate handling and heroic “flickability” that just can’t be matched elsewhere. Pro rider Jeff Herbertson states it perfectly when he says, “You can see a corner approaching, then you enter the corner, then suddenly you’ve exited the corner and your speed has somehow doubled.”

If you can live with the er, ugliness.

colournoise

Never had a Blur 4X, but if that Pivot is in the frame then looking at the numbers this ought to be on the list too?

hora
    Free Member

Vondally ‘modern day equivalent’ is that question.

I owned two for long enough at time.

vondally
    Free Member

29er or 27.5…..????

29er
    Banshee
    Transition smuggler
    Rocky instinct
    Rocky element with 120 fork

Personally I never got on with the 4x, currently riding Yeti sb95 with 150 mm fork best bike I have owned apart from bearings, do not be fooled by super slack angles, the RM element with 120 mm is supremely capable

hora
    Free Member

I remember when I spannered myself on a steep roll in. On my return I went back to it and rode it, no drama on a 4x.

Alpha1653

See my response on the 5010 thread: 4x -> Blur Tr -> 5010 (kind of)

BadlyWiredDog

The Blur 4X lives in some conceptual netherworld at the end of the Blur family tree, sort of like a Platypus, except with sharp teeth and the ability to both swim and fly real fast.

Ferrentino in Bike magazine. I still have mine and still enjoy riding it, but if I were going to replace it, I’d be very tempted by a 5010. I guess it depends a little on what you mean by ‘modern equivalent’. I’m guessing 650b, slack-ish, shortish travel, chuckable, but burly beyond its obvious needs and more capable than you’d expect from the numbers?

chakaping
    Free Member

Possibly one of the Kona Process bikes?

They’re just so fun and characterful.

I can’t be sure though, as I never rode a Blur 4x.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Must have all the same characteristics etc

you know when you click a thread without reading who the OP is…

Anyway STW just suggest what your next second hand bargain will be 😉

Not having ridden the 4x but a few SC’s etc. I guess you are looking for shorter travel and playful etc. Heaps of 120/130mm bikes out there like the 5010, RM Thunderbolt, there was a focus etc. so loads!!

momo

Banshee spitfire, it’s what I replaced mine with anyway

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FncGT3]Banshee Spitfire[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

coppice
    Free Member

DMR Bolt?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

A TRc is nothing like a 4x. I had both. Doubt a 5010 is anything like it either.

Wish I kept mine but its hunger for bearing and axle kits was ridiculous.

hora
    Free Member

Stuart when you get closest to it, let me know.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ex-Blur4X owners, what is the modern day equivalent?’ is closed to new replies.