Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Ewwww!
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Not much fun having to clean that up.

DezB
    Free Member

Grisly – what happened to his bones? Surely you’d be able to see some evidence of bone?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Jebus… Imagine being the one to ring his loved ones and explain that there’s absolutely nothing left to bury! 😯

Shibboleth
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unXNdrtf2_g[/video]

This guy survived! Skip to 2 mins…

wilko1999
    Free Member

Crikey! I wonder if he was fighting an intrepid archaeologist turned ark-raider at the time?

househusband

Grisly – what happened to his bones? Surely you’d be able to see some evidence of bone?

I did wonder too… but those turbine blades would make the worlds most expensive and powerful grinder…

footflaps

See the dents in the turbine blades? That’s where the deformed turning his bones into dust…

molgrips
    Free Member

There’s a video of some guy being sucked into a fighter jet engine on an aircraft carrier somewhere online. He gets spat out the back with only superficial injuries and survives IIRC.

njee20
    Free Member

There’s a video of some guy being sucked into a fighter jet engine on an aircraft carrier somewhere online. He gets spat out the back with only superficial injuries and survives IIRC.

Yeah I saw that once, can’t honestly remember where. From memory the URL is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unXNdrtf2_g, and it happens from about 2 minutes.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

😆 at Njee!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

Dougal
    Free Member

I call total bullshit on this.

The blades in the first incident you see are the intake blades, the compressor blades further back are much finer, there’s just no room for anything much to pass through without injury. Even if all the blades broke off, they’re going to embed themselves in whatever is passing though, it will be mincemeat.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

If you watch the video, he climbs back out the front. The guy who was involved has commented on the YouTube link.

johnners
    Free Member

I call total bullshit on this

Yeah, hard to see how he’d dodge 2 or 3 sets of low pressure compressor blades, the same again of high pressure compressor blades, make his way through the combustion chamber unscathed then dodge 6 to 8 sets of high pressure turbine blades and another 2 or 3 sets of low pressure turbine blsdes. And each set of blades will have stators between them and the next set.

But I might be wrong…

footflaps

Yeah, hard to see how he’d dodge 2 or 3 sets of low pressure compressor blades,

he didn’t get that far, his chest jammed in the intake funnel.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

That video is genuine, the engine flamed out as the guy blocked the intake and he climbed out of the front fairly un hurt.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I nearly did something similar a few weeks back when loading a tree through a chipper. A branch snagged the belt loop on my jeans and started dragging me in! 😯

Luckily the belt-loop snapped… Doesn’t bear thinking about what a mess that thing might have made!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I nearly did something similar a few weeks back when loading a tree through a chipper. A branch snagged the belt loop on my jeans and started dragging me in

😯 😯 😯
    Feels the fear!

johnners
    Free Member

he didn’t get that far, his chest jammed in the intake funnel.

I’m very glad to hear it. So not “spat out the back” then.

Pigface
    Free Member

Similar but just as lethal PTO’s with out safety covers. Very scary things.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Feels the fear!

It was my dad’s chipper, he’s a tree surgeon so it’s a proper scary thing, not some DIY job.

He was telling me about a lad that got pulled in by a length of rope – he was standing in a loop… Not much left of his bottom half by the time he hit the cut-out bar!

molgrips
    Free Member

I call total bullshit on this.

Hmm. Well the video I saw was a long time ago and pretty low quality, but IIRC something exits the back of the jet. It could easily have been a jacket or something he was holding.

footflaps

Hmm. Well the video I saw was a long time ago and pretty low quality, but IIRC something exits the back of the jet. It could easily have been a jacket or something he was holding.

Helmet and goggles…

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Puts jam sandwich back down…. 😯

dannybgoode

Going to take more than a bit of T-Cut to sort the scuffs out on them turbine blades.

Anyone got any suggestions for what body bag for…

(apologies, gallows humour and all that. Genuinely quite nasty!).

Cheers

Danny B

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Is a link to that (very old) photo appropriate on a family website?

oomidamon

I nearly did something similar a few weeks back when loading a tree through a chipper

Have you seen Fargo?

edlong
    Free Member

Summed up by this extract from the accident report:

MEDICAL AND PATHOLOGICAL INFORMATION

The El Paso County Medical Examiner stated that neither an autopsy nor toxicological tests were possible due to the nature of the accident and the condition of the remains.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Tucker seeing as the link title states exactly what to expect, and the pic is probably easy to find anyway, I’d yes. But if you want to report it then feel free – I won’t be as upset as you seem to be.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

The B+W vid is genuine – there’s an old interview available on the interwebs with the guy.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Tucker seeing as the link title states exactly what to expect, and the pic is probably easy to find anyway, I’d yes. But if you want to report it then feel free – I won’t be as upset as you seem to be.

I’m not in the least bit upset, and I’d already reported it, but gave the courtesy of an explanation why.

mrchrispy

was going to say he’d walk it off but I reckon that’ll take more that a couple of paracetamols to sort out!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Ewwww!’ is closed to new replies.