• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by alanm.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • EWS Xtra
  • skindog
    Free Member

Anyone going along on the Monday to bash about on the EWS trails or are all forum members going to be battling it out with the big boys all weekend?

frogstomp

Yup, up spectating and visiting friends so I figured it was worth a bash!

Waiting to see how long the route is, considering the 100km length of the two race days (although I presume there is scope to cut down the transitions).

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Yep, I’ll be there, neither fit enough or brave enough to duke it out with Jerome et al, but definitely want to spend some time on the stages, get some times for myself to see if I want to embarrass myself next year… 🙂

br
    Free Member

Waiting to see how long the route is, considering the 100km length of the two race days (although I presume there is scope to cut down the transitions).

You could drive to Innerleithen first, to cut out the Peebles-Innerleithen cyclepath?

BoardinBob

Plus some of the stage transitions can be shortened too with more direct routes

thv3
    Free Member

I’ve booked a spot, looking forward to trying out as many of the the taped stages in one day as possible.

Assuming we’ll be able to do them in any order?

skindog
    Free Member

I’m not sure if all 8 stages will be open too us, but know I don’t have tour puff for all of them. We are starting at Inners and thought I’d try to cherrypick an indicative selection. I’m thinking of something like one at Cadon Bank, falling down the two at Caberston then heading to Glentress to see if I can hold on all the way down the longest stage from the mast right down to Peebles.

grey

I rode stage 8 at GT yesterday, absolutely knackering. I wouldn’t like to do it after a full enduro at race pace.
    I’m doing the EWS extra at GT on Monday with a bunch of friends.

frogstomp

A few more details from my InBox this morning:

We’re including stages 3 and 4 (both at the legendary ‘golfy’ aka Caberston) and all of the stages at Glentress, which includes the two monsters of Stage 6 and 8. The stages on the Traquair side will not be open as the forest will be re-opened to the public.

It will be quite a challenge if you want to complete all six of the stages – 1845m of race stage descent, and depending on where you start, around 50km+ of riding. You’ll also have to climb about 2000m too.

Looking pretty moist for the weekend (and Monday).. hopefully the pro’s will have bedded in some nice lines! 😉

legend
    Free Member

The stages on the Traquair side will not be open as the forest will be re-opened to the public.

lolz, they wont be open to ride because they’re open to ride?

hels
    Free Member

That will be some classic FCS logic I would imagine. Up there with us not being able to use a quad bike to prep for events as none of our fully licenced and trained people had been through the official FCS course. Which they have no plans to run again, ever, and no other course is a suitable substitute.

thv3
    Free Member

Not that bothered about the first two stages, so pleased with the remaining six.

Hopefully the trails won’t be entirely battered by Monday. Don’t think I’ll need to bother changing the Magic Mary’s based on the forecast, although they’ll be a pain to haul round 50km.

moonsaballoon

Me and a mate are doing it , i think its a really good idea . I know the trails are there all the time anyway but if your not a tweed valley regular this will give you a good chance to ride some of the off piste stuff without hunting round to much . Have never ridden the golfy so starting there before heading to GT

mikeep
    Free Member

Just finished the two days practice. Great riding, I’d recommend but take it easy between the transition stages.

Northwind

I reckon the comment on “open to the public” will mean all the tape’ll be down after saturday. There’s no way you could take a group down the dh stage without tape, it’s just unfollowable. Classic would need a bit of effort too with the new lines now.

Think it’s a really cool idea, long day though! Great intro to the offpiste stuff for anyone who’s not done that, or for anyone who’s been watching the racing (or didn’t feel quite up to it) Maybe it’ll get some folks into racing too.

legend
    Free Member

Nah, head up to Inners straight after any race and it’s very obvious which way everyone was going!

alanm
    Free Member

Going myself happy to meet up with anyone else, looking to do all stages, prob go to the Golfie one’s first.

alan

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘EWS Xtra’ is closed to new replies.