Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • EWS Tweed thing…
  • legspin
    Free Member

I’m going to be staying in Pebbles the same weekend as the Enduro thing.
    Does anyone know if any of the marked trails are closed?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Most likely yes, but too early to say as they don’t release route maps until a few days before the event to stop people practising early. You can see where was closed last year here, you can see from this the majority of the trails were still open.

legspin
    Free Member

Bugger looks like I have picked the wrong weekend to go. Thanks

rickon
    Free Member

Its a good weekend to be in Peebles, the chances are most of the trail centre trails will be open, as its likely to be natural trails in the EWS.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d say the same, a good weekend to be about. There is lots going on, although there is likely to be trail closures, even those shown on the map are a fraction of what is on offer in the valley. Plus you can watch some of best riders in the world do their thing.

legspin
    Free Member

Thanks, but I would rather ride than watch. Even if they have more talent in their little finger than I have in my whole body.

Gutted that I’m there at the wrong time. Maybe I need to research the natural trails and venture off the way marked stuff.

mtbel
    Free Member

Enduro is only a few short stages each day. there are literally hundreds of other trails in the area. You can’t go wrong no matter what trails the event ruins.

onehundredthidiot

I used to love the natural tweed valley stuff, unfortunately it’s a victim of its success. Now the good stuff gets trashed. Still yair might have recovered by summer.

br
    Free Member

Enduro is only a few short stages each day. there are literally hundreds of other trails in the area. You can’t go wrong no matter what trails the event ruins.

This.

Anything west/south of Peebles will be fine, and east of Walkerburn also open. Look on Strava and you’ll see loads of trails either side of the valley.

BoardinBob

Anything west/south of Peebles will be fine, and east of Walkerburn also open. Look on Strava and you’ll see loads of trails either side of the valley.

The rumour is Inners won’t be included this year. All Golfy and GT

BoardinBob

Now the good stuff gets trashed

Which isn’t always a bad thing. Being able to ride trashed stuff is a pretty useful skill for racing!

legspin
    Free Member

I can go explore on the Saturday. I was hoping to grab a few hours at GT on the friday afternoon/evening and also on the Sunday between dropping off and pick up the wife in Edinburgh for the marathon.

Does anyone have any GPX’s of the natural stuff that could help me put a route together?

sharkattack

What’s the EWS like for spectating? Anything to see or blink and you miss it? I could be there with a camera if it’s worth it.

br
    Free Member

Does anyone have any GPX’s of the natural stuff that could help me put a route together?

Strava would be a good start, along with an OS map (www.bikehike.co.uk).

What’s the EWS like for spectating? Anything to see or blink and you miss it? I could be there with a camera if it’s worth it.

Decent, just ride/walk to a spot and watch. A bit like WRC.

hels
    Free Member

EWS spectating – just try not to walk up the middle of the tracks if you can help it, or put your kid inside the tape by the bombhole at the bottom of Inners so they can see better. I saw both of those things last year, and at serious risk of being accused of poking my nose in, alerted the marshals.

legspin
    Free Member

Strava would be a good start, along with an OS map (www.bikehike.co.uk)

I’d rather not play trail roulette, a little local knowledge on a loop is always handy.

bigjim

I really enjoyed watching it last year, seeing the top riders on my usual trails was pretty cool. Great atmosphere all round.

mikeep
    Free Member

But imagine it this year Jim, your gonna be riding it 🙂

bigjim

I’m still swithering about that 😮

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘EWS Tweed thing…’ is closed to new replies.