Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 260 total)
  • Ewe, ios7, hurl
  • GrahamS

Assuming you’ve turned on that option.

And assuming there is no other way into the phone – like the other bug (which lets you access apps from the lock screen) or simply connecting it up to a PC with some third-party software running that lets you browse the phone.

I agree it isn’t a major blocker – but it is something folk should be aware of.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Wether airplane mode is off or on you only get 10 attempts on the password, but it will not let you re-enter for an hour or so unless you have the feature on that wipes the phone after 10 attempts. My girls often trip this.

Just updated my iPhone 5, an iPad 2 and my wife’s iPhone 4 and it’s all gone very slick and all works like a dream. It took a bit of getting used to initially but after a good 30 mins of playing with it it feels natural and the previous version looks outdated now. I love the control panel feature and the clean look of the new icon designs.

It’s clearly nothing more than a visual update with a few minor additional and enhanced features, but it’s all good.

CountZero

Not having read right from the beginning, but has anyone else noticed the fact that the clock icon now actually tells the correct time, with sweep second hand as well? Nice subtle little touch, that. 😀
    I did discover late last night that the folder background colour is dictated by the wallpaper colours, I’ve put a photo up which sort of graduates from sand to sky, (it’s a beach shot), and the folders follow suit; they’re basically just blurred background.
    I’m liking 7 more and more, there’s lots of nice functionality in there, which makes 6 seem clunky by comparison.

nealglover
    Free Member

but has anyone else noticed the fact that the clock icon now actually tells the correct time, with sweep second hand as well? Nice subtle little touch, that.

Hadn’t noticed that no 😀

It’s pointless but very cool !

monkeychild
    Free Member

I think it’s a whole load better than 6. My 4S and iPad 3 are faster so that’s good as well 🙂 I like the unicorn land colours and icons too.

GrahamS

anyone else noticed the fact that the clock icon now actually tells the correct time, with sweep second hand as well

Perhaps a teasing hint by Apple that they could do widgets if they really wanted to?

Swelper
    Free Member

Swelper – Member
    They can still use Siri to activate Airplane Mode from the Lock Screen so you’d need to switch that off too.
    Good shout, sorted
    How do I sort this please?

Settings / General / Siri / slide to left

kimbers

wrong thread!

Frankers
    Free Member

I like the moving background wallpaper, it’s a gimic but I still like it

GrahamS

So finally updated. Not entirely convinced so far.

Bad point: The Calendar seems to be a lot more painful to use.

Good points: app folders can finally hold more than one page of apps! And apps finally auto update.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice find on the clock ! I hadn’t noticed either

Houns

Not read the other 7 pages so don’t know if the following been mentioned….

Calendar, rubbish
    Flickr pix / vids not showing
    Every time I scroll up a page I bring up the control panel at the bottom, annoying!

iPad user

GrahamS

Calendar seems alright on the iPad but is useless on the phone. You used to be able to tap the days with events and it showed you at the bottom what the events were. Now it takes you to a new screen where you have to scroll through the day (or hit search) to see the schedule, then tap again to go back.

Many more taps to do the same thing = not good!

Every time I scroll up a page I bring up the control panel at the bottom, annoying!

Not had that but you can turn it off in Settings.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The scroll pad that swipes up from the bottom is a bit annoying, but I’ve gotten used to not swiping directly from the bottom of the screen.

I really don’t like the transparent/grey toolbars, they really are gash.

Sent from my iPad

trail_rat
    Free Member

Anyone elses internet totally crippled then not on 3g but gprs instead.

Wll be slower i appreciate but on ios7 it just doesnt seem to work at all……

Tried rebooting etc…. Works fine with 3g though

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

How can I turn off the parallax thingy? I’ve looked in ‘settings’ but can’t see it!

Totally settled in with it now – I like it a lot .

jam-bo

General>accessibility>reduce motion

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had a good old look on the new 5c in the Apple shop today and have to say IOS7 suits it much better than the iPad..

GrahamS

This may amuse people on this thread morons people queuing for FIFTEEN DAYS to get an iPhone 5S!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRwcIumf-mI[/video]

kimbers

my wifes very dissapointed by the new calendar her 3yr old htc (basic android more or less) was a lot more user friendly

can u get other decent calendar apps from the store?

GrahamS

Yeah been looking myself, the new calendar is lovely on the ipad but utter crap on the phone.

There are loads. CalenMob and Readdle both look okay.

jam-bo

Discovered a neat little gimmick earlier, you can customise the vibrate alert.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mine is picking up the wifi better around the house. And it feels lighter. Hmmm…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Another issue with my iphone 4 – where before it picked up wifi no bother….it cant see most wifi tags. Couldnt find any bt openzones earlier….yet my ipad could…not upgraded it yet though.

Gt an appointment at genius bar on tuesday about another apple product- ill mention it then.

eyerideit
    Free Member

And it feels lighter. Hmmm…

Because it’s got rid of all those bevels.

rickon
    Free Member

It’s like a fruit death disease, first BlackBerry then Apple….

Now that Steve Jobs has gone, it feels like there is a really a lack of innovation, direction or quality coming out of Apple. IOS7 should be either one of two things; Evolutionary or Revolutionary.

It looks like neither, just a rip off of Windows Vista (Not 7, as that works properly).

GrahamS

Hmmm isn’t the iPhone 5S the world’s first 64-bit smartphone. Apparently Apple designed their own custom chip as a 64-bit ARM wasn’t going to be ready in time.

Is that not innovation?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

How on earth is it a rip off of Vista? Its nothing like Vista. It is a facelift of the previous iOS – nothing more. I struggle to understand how anyone could have expected any more. I really don’t see what the big deal is. As for innovation….Its a smart phone. Its a pretty mature product, there are not really any more huge innovation steps to come. Maybe when we crack mind control you can ditch the screen and control the phone without having to actually interact with it, but I think we’re a while off that.

We’re not going to really see if Apple has anything up its sleeve regarding iOS7 for a while and only on the 5S. Software is developed at a faster rate than hardware so it usually held back due to capabilities of hardware. The 5S’ 64 bit architecture should spawn a whole new generation of increased capability and innovation from a phone, giving it genuinely as much power as a computer as soon as the software developers can suss out how best to exploit it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Journey times using satnav in Google Maps have decreased also.

mogrim

The 5S’ 64 bit architecture should spawn a whole new generation of increased capability and innovation from a phone, giving it genuinely as much power as a computer as soon as the software developers can suss out how best to exploit it.

Not on a 5S, it’s not powerful enough, nor does it have enough memory. But I do see it as a step on the way towards a future phone that can be plugged into a keyboard and monitor and be used as a fully-functional Mac/Android/Windows machine.

trail_rat
    Free Member

It has the power to make my car faster dd ??

mogrim

It has the power to make my car faster dd ??

The spirit of Jobs warps space and time to get you to your destination faster.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Im sold.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I dunno trail_rat, it’s just making our world a better place. One small step at a time. More people have smiled at me since updating.

CountZero

If you want the list view in the calendar, just tap the search icon.
    http://www.macworld.com/article/2048981/get-to-know-ios-7-calendar-and-contacts.html

SOAP
    Free Member

Anyone know how to find 6 unread hotmail emails on the iPhone 4?
    Marked all 2389 as read but still 6 remain.
    Grrrrr

GrahamS

Count: that works but it doesn’t really solve the problem properly.

Old system in month view: “What we doing that day?”, tap day, “Oh yeah and the week after?”, tap day

New system in Month: “What we doing that day?”, tap day, tap search, “Oh yeah and the week after?”, tap Done, tap Month, tap day, tap search

Not exactly a step forward!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My dog’s appetite has improved since the update.

scuzz
    Free Member

Apparently Apple designed their own custom chip as a 64-bit ARM wasn’t going to be ready in time.

Manufactured by Samsung, based on the ARM instruction set.

GrahamS

That’s right. I heard Apple didn’t even mine the minerals themselves or do any of the smelting. 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 260 total)

The topic ‘Ewe, ios7, hurl’ is closed to new replies.