Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 260 total)
  • Ewe, ios7, hurl
  • Jamie
    Free Member

on O2, not a piggy back service. Just had a third text.

I would give O2 a shout. You shouldn’t be getting charged for them, but would’t hurt to double check. The number is definitely Facetime related, though.

RustyMac

Cheers Jamie, I will pop into the O2 shop at lunchtime and get them to check.

GrahamS – yup that’s my number call me all you want 😉 (it’s not and I do not know how much you would get charged for it so probably best not to)

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Safari seems much faster now, too?!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fisha
    Free Member

Safari on my iPad mini definitely seems a lot faster at rendering pages. It used to pause for a second on the BBC News page, now it displays almost instantly.

andermt
    Free Member

Rusty Mac,

I think he meant the number in the text message.

Kryton57

We should all phone both numbers randomly throughout the day, just for a laugh.

Not sure why some people feel they have battery life issues? My i5 has been going for 38 hours with 2 of those use as a personal hotspot uploading and downloading data, much playing of the new UI, organising photo’s, and hor long stint of Real Racing on the throne and general FB, texts and calls – ie a “heavier” day than usual, and its showing 9% now?

RustyMac

fantastic, didn’t even notice that.

off to delete image now

stumpy01

Rusty Mac – Member
    fantastic, didn’t even notice that.

off to delete image now

might be worth asking the mods to delete it from jfletch’s post above too, as it’s too old for him to edit it.

RustyMac

have done, reported the post and deleted the image on my Flickr account but it still appears on my screen.

dunno what to do now.

fisha
    Free Member

Your browser may be storing a local copy of it in its cache. If you delete and clear browsing history and local cache, it should be gone after that.

RustyMac

All gone now thank you very much mods.

footflaps

Really bizarre that Apple have spent so long with beautiful and clear icons, and now replaced them with this load of incoherent toss.

Yep, I think the new icons look pretty ugly.

Markie
    Free Member

I do not like it 🙁

Markie
    Free Member

I do not like it 🙁

And it made me double post.

jfletch
    Free Member

I like it appart from the icons.

Some of the newly deisgned apps look lovely and the thin fonts and borders bring out the best in the retina screen. But some of the icons look like they were designed by a child. Some are great though.

Calendar, voice memos, even photos are all nice.

But the messages, camera and settings icons all make me want to stick little bits of tape over the sceen where they appear. Blurgghhh.

Oh, and Safari, whats with the compass icon. Makes no sense and is fugly.

GrahamS

Oh, and Safari, whats with the compass icon. Makes no sense and is fugly.

Hasn’t Safari always been a compass? e.g. in 2010:

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2010/04/apple-files-trademark-for-safari-icon.html

Completely agree it makes no sense though!

But then does a burning fox make any sense either? 😀

prawny

I think it’s great other than the fact it’s ugly and siri has caught a cold (on my ipad mini anyway, others sound fine)

Still not going to spunk £550 on an iphone though, not a chance. Even worse on contract, the one plan on 3 works out to cost £700odd over 2 years. Mental.

jfletch
    Free Member

But then does a burning fox make any sense either?

No but at least its just a abstract company name and the icon matches. I’d be quite happy with a picture of an elephant or giraffe to represent the word “Safari” or some icon to represent the internet.

But the compass is and always has been ugly and out of place. The place for it on my phone is the folder where apple’s stock apps a hidden from sign, nestled up with maps and stocks.

GrahamS

I’m sure some marketroid somewhere would explain that the brand language of “Safari” creates a mental image of adventure through uncharted territory, exciting and possibly even dangerous, and your browser is the compass that helps you navigate through that adventure safely.

Or some such bollocks.

But yeah – it’s a crap icon. Could be worse though:

jfletch
    Free Member

But at least microsoft have kept updating it

It may conjur images of a shit browser but at least its not a shit icon in its self.

This just looks like they dicovered how to apply a gradient in MS paint and went with it.

coogan
    Free Member

Never really bothered me the Safari icon.

the-muffin-man

It may conjur images of a shit browser but at least its not a shit icon in its self.

I thought ‘swoops’ were old-hat 10 years ago!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Only bug i’ve found so far is that the music controls don’t work when the screen is locked…

Erm, works ok for me. Have you turned something off somewhere?

GrahamS

Yep – it clearly shows you flying around the big blue “e” for “enternet” 🙂

I don’t think many browser icons make sense. It’s kind of an abstract concept really.

As for Chrome…

organic355
    Free Member

I quite like my current icons

zilog6128

Oh, and Safari, whats with the compass icon. Makes no sense

The idea of “navigating” the world wide web is something that’s been around since the very early days so it makes perfect sense really. Anyone remember this?

FWIW I like iOS 7. The added features are great, and I like the new clean design – especially the fonts which are now specifically designed for retina screens. My initial reaction was “wow that’s bright” but it definitely makes the design above ^^^^ (with the OTT shadows, highlights, etc) look quite dated already… (although I thought they were a bit naff anyway)

boblo
    Free Member

Swelper – Member
    They can still use Siri to activate Airplane Mode from the Lock Screen so you’d need to switch that off too.
    Good shout, sorted

How do I sort this please?

GrahamS

😆 I like that.

jfletch
    Free Member

I don’t think many browser icons make sense. It’s kind of an abstract concept really

Yeah, maybe its just the look of the Safari icon that offends me. It always used to be a bit twee and oldy worldy and now it’s MS paint.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I wish there was space for a fifth app on the permanent bar at the bottom. 😐

GrahamS

For flash? 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

On an amusingly incompetent note. Barclays just sent me this text:

Someone gets paid for this shit… 😡

zilog6128

I don’t think many browser icons make sense. It’s kind of an abstract concept really

Speaking of which, someone pointed out to me the bizarre icon you click on in MS Office to save your work. What the hell is it?! 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

For flash?

🙁

stilltortoise
    Free Member

When I first read that the Control Centre could be accessed from a locked phone and used to turn on Airplane Mode – thus rendering Find my iPhone useless – I had a panic and turned this feature off ASAP. I then missed it, so thought what the possible impact was.

My understanding is that the new iOS7 means that the phone cannot be reset without the iCloud credentials. If my phone fell into the wrong hands and they turned on Airplane Mode, the thief would be left with a phone they are unable to reset to use themselves or flog. They can’t get into it either, assuming I have a passcode on it that they don’t crack. OK, so I’ve lost a phone but – in theory – I’ve lost no valuable or sensitive data.

As soon as they turn wireless on or airplane mode off (i discovered today that Airplane mode can be used with wireless and Bluetooth on) I can use Find my iPhone to wipe the data.

In summary, I reckon the risks of having Control Centre accessible from the lock screen are minimal.

GrahamS

They can’t get into it either, assuming I have a passcode on it that they don’t crack.

I think that is the issue. With Airplane Mode turned on they can take as long as they like to crack the passcode and you can’t do anything to stop them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

No lag on my 4S. The icons are fine, just different. iPaad1 only supports iOS5 and this feels really dated now.

zilog6128

With Airplane Mode turned on they can take as long as they like to crack the passcode and you can’t do anything to stop them.

There is an option tthat will reset the phone after 10 failed attempts though.

stumpy01

organic355 – Member

HA HA!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I think that is the issue. With Airplane Mode turned on they can take as long as they like to crack the passcode and you can’t do anything to stop them.

There is an option tthat will reset the phone after 10 failed attempts though.

Exactly, so it’s not as bad as some people are making it.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 260 total)

The topic ‘Ewe, ios7, hurl’ is closed to new replies.