Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 260 total)
  • Ewe, ios7, hurl
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Still downloading via iTunes …

footflaps

My phone still wants to upgarde to 6.1.3, so I assume 7 is only available via an iTunes upgrade?

toppers3933
    Free Member

Update on phone kept failing so did it through iTunes and it took about 45mins. Jury is out. Like some of the new features but not sure about the look of it. Functionality seems great though so that’s the most important thing I suppose.

transporter13
    Free Member

No problems here. 2 iPhone 5’s done in 20 mins. Liking the change so far

scotchegg
    Free Member

No update available on my 5 yet. Might be O2.

bencooper
    Free Member

Worked fine for me on O2 – functionally it’s a big improvement, aesthetically I’m not so sure. It is very bright…

CountZero

Looks better on the pad than the phone, I’m not sure I like the plain grey folder background. One thing that seems to have disappeared is the swipe to delete emails, which is annoying, I use that facility a lot.
    Or maybe I’m missing something…

bigG
    Free Member

Swipe left and then you can trash the mails, it used to be a right swipe. Apparently we all have to “trash” things nowadays instead of deleting them.

user-removed
    Free Member

Ah God!! I came to stw to get away to get away from my FB feed 🙁

wee-al
    Free Member

From the screenshots i’d seen previously, i thought i’d hate it. As some have said earlier in the thread it looks a little childish. However once you read a little and get to grips with the functionality of it, it’s actually pretty nice.
    Although they do seem to have changed a lot of things just to change them and have something new. I guess it’s hard to keep up the speed of developments we’ve seen in recent years.

ask1974
    Free Member

IPhone 5 and iPad 2 both updated. Download took a hour or two (slowish broadband) and had to wait a while for the installation to activate, that will be due to Apples servers being clogged. Anyway both done and like the update, lots of useful features and certainly better than iOS6.

At first the iPad seemed sluggish but once a few apps had been loaded everything is now swimming along just fine. No problems at all with the iPhone.

Personally I like the new GUI, perfect it’s not but a nice change.

legend
    Free Member

I must be missing something obvious, but how the hell do I close apps now??

EDIT: never mind, found it

trail_rat
    Free Member

Anyone stuck it on a 4 yet ? Or an ipad 2 ?

Not turned them into bricks has it …… Like when 5 went on the old 3gs

prawny

Finally got my ipad updated over night, I like it. Prefer the looks of the old one, but functionality is now about on a par with android. I’d say it’s even good enough to make me switch to an iPhone, how much are they?

What!?

Never mind.

ratherbeintobago

Anyone stuck it on a 4 yet ? Or an ipad 2 ?

Not turned them into bricks has it …… Like when 5 went on the old 3gs

This is why I’m not risking the update on my 4 yet; it will be slow.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Dunno 6 made the 3gs usable again.

Stoner
    Free Member

The little dock thing that swipes up from the bottom is a great thing for turning wifi/3g on and off and various other things.

How quaint! iOS picks up an android function from 6yrs ago 🙂

So when I speak to my Apple-lovin’ colleague today I can expect lots of “000oohs”, “ahhhhs”, and “hmmmm my phone seems to be very slow today” from him?

bigG
    Free Member

I did my work iphone 4 last night. No problems and it’s not a brick now.

aidanoggy
    Free Member

I quite like it! And being hard of hearing I absolutely love the Ipad keyboard! It’s like it was designed for me 😉 😀

sputnik
    Free Member

I like it. Was a pita to install, lots of error messages.
    Very bright, but that’s going to be good when using outdoors.
    As for the looks, soon everyone will enjoy it, remember how we all cried when the STW forum changed it’s look ?
    All will be fine…

GrahamS

> The little dock thing that swipes up from the bottom is a great thing for turning wifi/3g on and off and various other things.
    How quaint! iOS picks up an android function from 6yrs ago

Errr no! Apple implements a feature that has been on jailbroken iPhones since before Android was even released (which Android then stole of course, like everything else).

toppers3933
    Free Member

Swipe to delete email is defo still there. Like that you can swipe to go back a page on safari too. Just like you can on a mac touchpad.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve been playing all night with it, I need to get some sleep now but have to say I’m a 6yr old at heart and still don’t like it…

Fisher Price Pad it is.

Jamie
    Free Member

Strangely, I am running the Beta 6 build of iOS7, and the GM release is still not showing as an OTA update.

xiphon
    Free Member

As for the looks, soon everyone will enjoy it, remember how we all cried when the STW forum changed it’s look ?

Look at SDH…… since their ‘rebrand’ to Ride.io…..

onandon
    Free Member

I must be missing something obvious, but how the hell do I close apps now??

EDIT: never mind, found it

please share – i has a quick play last night on my ipad 2 and couldn’t figure it out.

Jamie
    Free Member

Double tap the home button to show the switcher, then swipe the app’s window/card, not the icon as was the case previously, up.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Double click the home button like you used to then swipe up on the “card” (not the icon) for the app that you want to close.

stumpy01

GrahamS – Member

Errr no! Apple implements a feature that has been on jailbroken iPhones since before Android was even released (which Android then stole of course, like everything else).

So Apple ‘implements’ a feature, whereas Android ‘steals’ a feature……..? 😆

kimbers

well had a play on the wifes 5 its nice

functionality almost on a par with android now

(before anyone says jailbraking isnt functionality its a bodge)

andytherocketeer

More like the Apple jailbreakers and Android devs implemented a feature that was already in Palm OS (and iirc open source by june/nov 2007), which is where just about every feature in Android came from (if not various Linux implementations). Jailbreakers were in pretty sharpish iirc (mainly to steal cut+paste from every single other phone that had ever been released 😉 ), so very likely they got it in in those intervening 4 months.
    Then Apple played catchup? 😉

Is ios7 still that swirly psychedelic but flat look and feel?

edit: grr hate new post pages changes

bencooper
    Free Member

My iPad has started calling me Lord and Master. Haven’t decided if that’s cool or a bit creepy.

Sandwich

Jamie

It’s a wired update for Beta users, from my experience last night. (Update needs coffee to be truly wired though).

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s a wired update for Beta users

I was thinking that would be the case, but was actively avoiding having to do it. As last time I synced via wire, for some reason, iOS decided to empty all my apps out of the meticulously arranged folders.

😡

I_Ache
    Free Member

Well I have it on my 4 and I quite like it apart from the big chunk at the bottom where the 4 buttons are at the bottom of the home screens. I was hoping it would be clear or translucent.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I_Ache, has it slowed your 4 down or have you not noticed any changes either way yet?

sharkbait
    Free Member

I_Ache, has it slowed your 4 down or have you not noticed any changes either way yet?

^ This. My daughter is bugging me to upgrade her 4. I’ve suggested we wait but she’s 13 😉

drlex
    Free Member

^ This. My daughter is bugging me to upgrade her 4. I’ve suggested we wait but she’s 13

Mine (14) had set hers to update overnight and was demo’ing it to me at 6:45 this morning. #bloodyteenagers

ian911uk
    Free Member

Anyone found the radio yet?

xiphon
    Free Member

I’m running iOS7 on a 4, and it’s perfectly acceptable. It does everything I need on it 🙂

It’s only “slow” if you’ve been spoiled by using a faster phone!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 260 total)

The topic ‘Ewe, ios7, hurl’ is closed to new replies.