Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Ewan McGregor and Piers Morgan
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Pulls out of Good Morning Britain

Although he gets on my tits, got to applaud him for this.

Jamie
    Free Member

Good have done it on the quiet. This way Smuggin’s little show gets more publicity.

Of more import, is the fact Mr McGregor seems to be morphing into Boy George.

Klunk
    Free Member

Of more import, is the fact Mr McGregor seems to be morphing into Boy George.

apparently for his role in Fargo he plays twins with different wigs he’s bald as a coot under that hat 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d hope more people feel the best thing for Piers Morgan is to ignore him.

GrahamS

In response to McGregor’s decision, Morgan tweeted: “Sorry to hear that @mcgregor_ewan – you should be big enough to allow people different political opinions. You’re just an actor after all.”

Whereas Piers is the host of a breakfast show, so his opinion is obviously far more valid 🙄

Morgan’s co-presenter Susanna Reid tweeted: “Such a shame. Challenge views where there’s difference. Would have liked to see that debate on air – it’s an important one. #WomensMarch.”

Maybe Ewan would rather have been there to talk about his film? He is just an actor after all.

Or perhaps he felt that two men debating the legitimacy of the the Women’s March might be a bit pathetic.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I saw the original interview and I’m amazed that Morgan is still in a job , unless its car crash TV and people watch to see the histrionics and the look on Susanna Reid’s face when he makes a dick of himself

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or perhaps he felt that two men debating the legitimacy of the the Women’s March might be a bit pathetic.

What a bit like signing the bill to defund womens health programs surrounded by all you best blokes

matt_outandabout

I saw the original interview and I’m amazed that Morgan is still in a job

I would level the same at Steve Wright, Vanessa Feltz and Jeremy Vine on R2… Incredible levels of unwitting bigotry and sh*t stirring.

pk13

I was hoping Morgan had been given a smack. Disappointed.

martinhutch

Apparently he didn’t come on and debate it because he’s not ‘a real man’, according to Morgan.

So much enlightenment on gender issues from Piers.

Susanna needs the dosh, but she should really step aside and allow the Morgan/Katie Hopkins dream team to assemble.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I saw Piers Morgan’s name trending on twitter and for a fleeting moment my heart soared.

cooie

😀

Klunk
    Free Member

You’re just an actor after all.

that’ll come back to kick him the nuts time and time again. good mornings producers will be spitting nails

growinglad
    Free Member

fleeting moment my heart soared.

😀 😀

martinhutch

that’ll come back to kick him the nuts time and time again. good mornings producers will be spitting nails

Hadn’t thought of that. 😀

I wonder who will be the first one to use the ‘but I’m just an actor’ response when asked anything which isn’t about their new film or show?

GrahamS

Indeed, you’d think they might have found at least one woman for the photo op.

(Source: Donald Trump Signs Anti-Abortion Executive Order, Surrounded By Men : HuffPo)

stevious

People like PM are immune to reason and just want to ‘debate’ so they can foghorn their bad ideas at someone.

buckster
    Free Member

It is true, Ewan M is just an actor, in the same vein, Piers M is just a journalist, neither of them have the absolute answer to anything, either is though allowed an opinion. Trouble in this day and age is that their opinions go far further than they should. In our celebrity deity driven society, I would imagine more people would trust Ewan M than their local MP. Sad times. TBH, best thing is not to watch the program, then ££££ lost through lower viewing figures would drive change.

Klunk
    Free Member

Well he is also Unicef UK Ambassador

mikewsmith
    Free Member

He has supported Unicef since his motorbike adventure, The Long Way Round, in 2004 and has continued to advocate for children ever since.

Ewan’s support for refugee children

In 2016, Ewan travelled to northern Iraq to see how the conflicts sweeping across Iraq and Syria are devastating children’s lives. During his visit, he met with families in the Debaga camp who have escaped brutal violence currently taking place in areas surrounding Mosul in the north of the country. Among them was a girl called Mirna, with whom Ewan immediately bonded.

“Mirna told me how her family slept in a disused, half-constructed shopping mall for over a year,” Ewan said. “She introduced me to the reality of what that’s like. It’s easy to be baffled by the figures—28 million children are displaced. It’s so difficult to imagine, it’s impossible to comprehend, but when I think that, I think of Mirna. She’s one of them.”

We are working to protect children across Iraq and Syria, delivering life-saving food, clean water and vaccines, as well as providing education and psychological support.
    I know who’s opinion I would trust a bit more

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

The underlying irony being that the original row was about a woman talking about women’s voices being silenced, only to shouted over and harangued by Morgan and that it has now reverted to willy waving between Morgan and Mgregor [ having seen some of his early films my money is on Mcgregor ]

mefty
    Free Member

Even more reason to ignore him, that’s the biggest luvvie circle jerk there is.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

McGregor has enough of a career that he can decide who he has to spend time with, and face it, who wants to spend time with Morgan.
    And whoever up there ???? described Morgan as a journalist, please don’t, it insults real journalists.

slowoldman

Whereas Piers is

A ****

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I it’s time for the word most associated with the end of Mr Morgan
    Countryside

mefty – Member

Even more reason to ignore him, that’s the biggest luvvie circle jerk there is.[/quote]
    exactly mefty, exactly

The United Nations Children’s Fund is a United Nations (UN) programme headquartered in New York City that provides humanitarian and developmental assistance to children and mothers in developing countries.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I doubt Ewan not appears on GMB will make much of a difference to the box office taskings for T2 anyway.
    I must admit if I was him being interviewed by Piers, I’d be talking through gritted teeth whilst being physically restrained.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Ewan should have used his Jedi mind tricks on Piers & got him to stick his head up his own ass!

councilof10
    Free Member

Call me cynical, but I can’t help thinking this is all rather carefully orchestrated to appeal to the 40-somethings who enjoyed Trainspotting in there youth, but are now fully-grown, liberal-minded, Morgan-hating members of society.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m amazed that Morgan is still in has a job

teethgrinder

councilof10 – Member
    Call me cynical, but I can’t help thinking this is all rather carefully orchestrated to appeal to the 40-somethings who enjoyed Trainspotting in there youth, but are now fully-grown, liberal-minded, Morgan-hating members of society.

Not sure if any of that is meant to offend.

kimbers

liberal-minded, Morgan-hating members of society.

there are members of society that dont hate piers morgan?!

even his co host told him off for being a dick

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Mmm, yeah, it’s not as if Piers Morgan has been an angel all these years and then goes and ruins it with one silly slip of the tongue.

GrahamS

there are members of society that dont hate piers morgan?!

Katie Hopkins I suspect.

And she is definitely a massive member.

ninfan
    Free Member

Like him or not, he had a point about that woman and the kids shoes…

As for whether there really are ‘rampant feminists’ – what do we think? I’ve met a couple I would describe as ‘dramatic’ but not ‘rampant’.

councilof10
    Free Member

Remember how that referendum thing highlighted the fact that there are a lot of people with different opinions to the STW Hive Mind? Well, it extends to taste in people as well… No, honestly! 😆

gobuchul
    Free Member

Like him or not, he had a point about that woman and the kids shoes…

I had to Google that.

£325 pair of shoes for a 3 year old child! Who has 60 different pairs!

He certainly had a point.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGMXAWpO7vM[/video]

akira

Calm down it’s not like he’s done anything dreadful like hacking the phone of a man nursing his dying wife.

GrahamS

He certainly had a point.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. If only for a second.

footflaps

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. If only for a second.

Unless its Trump’s stopped clock, it which case it is the most right a clock has even been, period.

kimbers

Unless its Trump’s stopped clock, it which case it is the most right a clock has even been, period

and obvs its a clock with big hands

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Ewan McGregor and Piers Morgan’ is closed to new replies.