Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • EVOL air can seal prolapse- just fix, or worry about underlying issues?
  • Northwind

This:

Happened to my (deep breath) Fox Penske Reactiv Evol Trek shock from my remedy today (it’s the shock off a final model carbon remedy, for whatever’s that worth- I think this issue is more or less Evol specific though)

Now replacing the seal, piece of piss. But I’m a wee bit worried if it has a cause- ie if it’s just a symptom. I gather that’s basically the negative spring, I know the transfer port can’t be blocked because it leaks all of the pressure in the can, not just the negative but also the positive. I’m not aware of any known issue with the Evol can

Aaaand I’m going on holiday 2 weeks today. I have the original shock so it’s not a disaster but this one is blingier. I’ve contacted Polished Suspension who I bought it off, since he’s the Trek expert but thought I’d ask the hive mind too. Any thoughts?

I’m half inclined to just throw in a seal kit and clean it out, it’s had a fairly recent basic service but never had a full one so I’m not against the idea of a pro job, it’s just squeaky on timing. I can take hte old shock out to the alps with me if it turns out to be some underlying seal-blowing fault… But not sure what’s best

nonk
    Free Member

Just replace the seals in the can and crack on
    If the oil sounds ok it’ll be fine

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘EVOL air can seal prolapse- just fix, or worry about underlying issues?’ is closed to new replies.