Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Evoc or Camelbak?
  • seadog101

As the topic says, I’ve seen the Evoc CC 10ltr and a Camelbak mule each for about £50. Better saving on the Camelbak.

Never owned either brand, so help me choose!

honourablegeorge

DOn’t think you can go wrong with either. Evoc’s USP is their back protectors, if you’re not going for one of those ones, then CamelBak will probably save you a few quid.

longmover
    Free Member

I like my Evoc FR 16l, it is really comfortable on a long day out on the bike.

Chipbutty
    Free Member

Got a 10L cc Evoc, and a FR enduro 16L. Both are far more secure on the back than the Camelbak mule and HAWG nv they replaced.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Another vote for Evoc here.

My 16l jobbie is a few years old now and washes up well. Seems to be really well made and comfy.

seadog101

Evoc it is then, read a few other reviews here and there, seems very well received.
    Ta to you all…

iainc

Evoc FR 10 and 20l ones here, both with back protectors. Moved to them earlier this year to replace a Camelbak Mule. Better in every way IMO. Look bulky as they are long, but they are very comfy and don’t move around at all.

bothybiker
    Free Member

Had a mule and hawg for years now. Always liked canelback and they’ve lasted well

davosaurusrex

I’d be looking at the Charge and Volt for comfy, stable Camelbaks. That said they’re nowhere near as robust as the old HAWGs etc as they’re built with light weight in mind. I’ve had my Charge for about 18 months and just about killed it with a couple of (sizeable) offs. Waiting for the new Skyline lumbar backs to become available, think it’s in Jan. £100 quid though which is more then I’ve ever spent on a pack by some margin.

The Evocs do look good though and seem well liked as above.

papercutout
    Free Member

I’ve spent all summer riding with an Evoc 16l CC, wishing it had a waistband that would allow the bag to sit on my hips.

That’s a requirement for my next bag, personally, and no Evoc bag has it. (the Evoc was a work-provided bag, and I was doing 160-180km per week with it on my back – certainly enough riding to become familiar!)

oldejeans
    Free Member

Ergon BE1 has a back protector, and really good adjustable fit. I think you can buy a protector for the BE2. The downsides are ‘only’ 1.5l water and pretty minimal storage. very tidy though

scaled
    Free Member

I have a camelbak, my mates osprey pack seems better in every way :/

fudge9202
    Free Member

+1 Evoc here also, once on they are very stable and with the added benefit of a back protector, a no brainer.
    Still miss my Wingnut though!

nwill1
    Free Member

It’s been said but shell out an extra few £££ on an Evoc FR, the back protector not only protects your back (not ha to test that yet!) but it helps it to sit flat an comfortable against your back without anything digging in you (tools etc).

I used to hate ridding with a backpack found it a destraction when jumping and going over the rough but the Evoc just does not move it’s ace, seems to distribute the weight well too with the lower strap.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Evoc or Camelbak?’ is closed to new replies.