Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Evoc FR Lite or Ergon BE2? Or something else?
  • doubleu
    Free Member

Hoping anyone can provide owners advice on either really – or just help me decide!

The bag I pick must have back protection, not bulky, and carrying system for FF and pads. It will be used for long rides, but I pack light.

I really like the look of the Ergon – however the back protector is a seperate cost and the 1.5l bladders are bespoke – so replacements may be hard to find in years to come?

The Evoc is cheaper and more traditional, but its a bigger bag. I probably don’t need all that space. Can’t find anything smaller though with back protection?

If there’s any other bags I should consider please shout out.

iainc

I have the FR lite, as well as a bigger, all day Trail Blackline (20l). The lite is pretty small inside, 10l being the clue 🙂 . I get in some tools, pump, tubes, shell jacket, money, keys etc and it doesn’t have much room left. They look big because they are long, due the back protector. Very comfy packs, you hardly feel it riding

wrecker
    Free Member

I have an Evoc thingy. It’s good but the problem with the back protector rucks is the thick belts. It’s like wearing a girdle (I imagine…ahem) Mine really got right on my nerves. I was undoing it for the climbs and doing it back up for the descents.
    Got it tailored in the end, I just couldn’t live with it.
    Try before you buy if you can.

kimbers

I got a d30 back protector for 20 quid or so off eBay, keep it in the bladder pocket of my old dakune nomad (bladder still fits too)

Mines the same as used in the raceface ambush vest
    http://www.motolegends.com/body-armour/back-protectors/furygan-central-back-protector-d30.html

Or evoc shaped
    http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/80977

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve had the FR Lite for a few years and really like it. Looks big but disappears on your back. I like the wide hip belt (note, it’s a hip not waist belt) as it takes most of the weight and keeps it really stable. When I first wore it I had it sitting too high and it felt really uncomfortable like that!

pinetree
    Free Member

+1 for FR Lite. I’ve had one for a year or so now, and really love it.
    I’ve tried a few rucksacks, but always found the Evoc packs are the most stable, due to their width and low profiles.

doubleu
    Free Member

Cheers all – clearly the FR Lite has positive users. Question – can the FR Lite back protector be worn seperatly? I’ve read on a few places this might be possible.

If so that would probably sway it – I can wear it on uplift days such as Antur etc.

Cheers

iainc

^^^ the back protector is simply a fancy foam panel that goes into a specific pouch in the pack – it can be removed to wash the pack etc. you could use the pack without the protector, but not other way round, although I guess you could have the pack empty, so really just the protector strapped to your back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Evoc FR Lite or Ergon BE2? Or something else?’ is closed to new replies.