Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Evoc FR Enduro Blackline sizing
  • larkim
    Free Member

Buying as a gift for my eldest who is a scrawny 6ft1 / skinny as a rake.

It seems only the blackline model has the XL size which ostensibly is for torso length 51cm (we measured about 54cm yesterday). But it also seems to suggest it is for height of 6ft3+.

Tempted to try the next size down as don’t want to end up with a very expensive bag which is little used as it is a little too big around the hips and moves around on the back.

Any tall individuals who went for the smaller “Medium / Large” option instead and can report back with some feedback?

MSP

order both sizes, try them on, keep the best fit send the other back.

Bit of a pain if it is a gift he doesn’t know about, but better than paying that much for a pack that isn’t right.

larkim
    Free Member

True, but at £120 ordering 2 seems extravagant!!

Gift surprise isn’t an issue as he knows its coming, so I suppose that’s an option. The advantage of the smaller sizes is that I can get the cheaper non-“blackline” version in those sizes, but as I’m buying it with safety in mind I don’t want to scrimp too much!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steezysix
    Free Member

Not sure if it’ll help as it’s a different model, but I’ve got a FR day (ski pack) which they do in S, M/L and XL. I’ve got the M/L and it’s perfect, definitely wouldn’t want the XL. I’m 6’1″ and a bit with a longish body.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The back measurement is the most critical. There’s a description online somewhere about how exactly to measure the back rather than going off the diagram. It’s C7 , the one that sticks out down to the iliac (sic) crest.

Onzadog
    Free Member
    jacksprogis
    Free Member

I bought the bigger one and it was a nightmare wearing. Smaller would be better if anything.

Luckily they changed mine tho even after use.

jonnym92

I’m 6’1″ and have the M/L – go to a shop and try the two on?

iainc

I am 5ft 10 with long back and mine is M/L – wouldn’t want it any longer…

bails

A rake-like 6ft here with the M/L Blackline 16L bag. I wouldn’t want it any bigger.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Evoc FR Enduro Blackline sizing’ is closed to new replies.