Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Evoc Enduro FR pack any good ?
  • shredder
    Free Member

Anybody using this pack ?
    Looking for a bigger pack than my current are these well made etc. Can you get a big day outs worth in .
    Thanks

robhenry85
    Free Member

not sure if you know but Sports Pursuit have them on sale. have a look at the bigger Trail one as this might be better if you want it for big days out.

shredder
    Free Member

Looked at the trail but looked huge the Enduro looks big itself .will have a nose on Sports Pursuit

stewartc
    Free Member

Had one for about 3 weeks now and very happy with it, bought via CRC.
    It looks and feels big but has a narrow silhouette and fits very snug, I’m 5’9″ and find it a comfy fit though I have notice that I can feel the top of the pack when I crane my next back.
    The wrap around waist belt seems a little OTT but you get used to it and it easily copes with a 3L bladder, tools etc for a good day ride, there’s even some connectors at the base to secure your pads alongside the helmet mount (for either half or full face).
    I ride in pretty humid conditions and the pack seems to be holding up well so far.

tangoman19
    Free Member

Dragon bought me the FR 16 for Xmas. Its replaced a Osprey Raptor 10.

The seperate tool pocket on the front is spacious and has some good divider parts in. The main pocket is big and got no problems fitting in waterproof trousers/jacket plus my snap for a big day in the peak…

It looks a big old bag when you get it but when you put it on the long thin shape fits nicely down your back and when you get it set up right, with help from the big thick Velcro wasteband, it doesn’t budge when riding. The back protector is removable but I’ve left mine in and don’t notice it. Oh and it doesn’t come with a bladder… My 3ltr Osprey one fits in well though!

The only thing I’d say was better with the Osprey would be the build quality. Everything on the Osprey felt a bit stronger, zips smoother etc but it hasn’t put me off, great bag! Happy to use it for quick local blasts as well as I find it so comfy…

fudge9202
    Free Member

Sports Pursuit have them at £78

RustySpanner

£78.00 for a nylon backpack?

I do hope it’s enduro specific, or you can at least get a set of golf clubs in.
    🙂

kayak23

I have the fr Enduro Blackline.
    Crazy expensive, no bladder, but very comfortable, very stable on your back and the back protector is a great addition.

I had a warranty issue with my first one which the UK distributor was a Richard about, but thankfully Evoc replaced it directly.

Great bag, but annoyingly expensive.

tomaso
    Free Member

Got the 30l tour and the 10l lite and they are faultless. Strong comfy and secure.

twistedpencil

I have both the tour and enduro blackline.

The black line is eyewateringly expensive and if I hadn’t been feeling flush at the time would have got one of the standard enduro bags. That said it feels great when riding, it’s big due tho the back protector, the reason to buy it but as said earlier the slimline profile and way its organised keeps everything stable, one of the best back packs I’ve used.

The tour is massive. Really massive. Great for carrying spares food complete change of clothes for when I ride with my lad. I use it mostly to commute with, swallows laptop shoes clothes tools, everything really, have used as an overnight bag on a few occasions too.

Biggest drawback with the black line for me was that for the same price as the tour there is no rain cover. Less material and features, but black and yellow. I’m a mug for shiny kit.

Love them both and will take a special bag to replace them.

Alex

Agree with most of the comments above. Looks big and feels quite heavy until you put it on. It’s huge, I cannot see why you’d need a bigger pack. Pretty well thought out as well – although I find the straps for pads a bit fiddly. I’d also agree Osprey packs feel nicer quality.

Back protector is good tho, wore it every day last time in the Alps and on big days out. Some come with rain protectors, some don’t. Mine didn’t. Oh and if they still do the green one (like mine), it is VERY green!

fudge9202
    Free Member

Bought mine off here two months ago, find it very comfortable with great storage layout for tools, food etc. Much more stable on me than the wingnut I had and loved and definitely better on big days out than my camelbak. Mine is the stealth black and came with a rain protector. Wouldn’t hesitate getting another one.

dudeofdoom

I’ve got the enduro blackline about £107 from alltricks in the xl size and its definately comfy and i agree wiv all the other comments.. Bit pricey for a bag but I think the back protectors a nice feature….

fudge9202
    Free Member

Agree totally about the back protection, riding buddy came off,hurt back and was two days in hospital temporarily paralysed from waist down, good incentive for me to buy one, luckily got one off here as new for £65, so at £78 new from sports Pursuit I think it’s money well spent.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Evoc Enduro FR pack any good ?’ is closed to new replies.