Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Evoc bags- worth the price tag?
  • muddy247
    Free Member

Looking at buying an Evoc freeride 16l bag- anyone used one and are they worth the extra money?

honourablegeorge

Got one for Xmas – delighted with it, in terms of fit, comfort, functionality – can’t vouch for the protector, but it does seem to stay in place and cover the back well. It’s definitely a step up from the Camelbak it replaced. But still, they’re pricy.

muddy247
    Free Member

Do you find there is enough room for all the kit-food and bits needed on a full days ride?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

With the protector etc on there does it run hot on the back? Any more so than other packs?

sambob
    Free Member

I love my CC16, plenty of room for a full day in the Alps, but still very comfy when full. I think I paid approx 45 for mine, but having used one I’d say they’re well worth the money.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Best bag bar none

palmer77
    Free Member

No issues whatsoever 🙂

trek820
    Free Member

Have a look at this review from the Greatrock website http://vimeo.com/20620548 🙂

marti
    Free Member

I’ve been using the 16l free ride enduro model for the last month, mostly night rideing, there is plenty space in the main compartment for a waterproof jacket, trousers and winter gloves, plus extra for food, that’s with a 2 litre camelback bladder in there as well. The front compartment is well laid out for tools, spares and sweets. The goggle compartment is handy for glasses and keys (or goggles). The straps underneath the bag helmet holder would allow it to carry a lot more kit in a stuff sack for all day adventures. What I really like about the bag is the large waist belt that holds it in place makes it very comfy to wear. Can’t comment on the back plate being to hot, will find out in the summer.
    If you can, try one on before buying as you may be put of by the size of the bag, looks very big compared to a 16 litre camelback, but sits a lot flatter against the back.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Got the CC16 absolutely love it. Plenty of room for jacket, food, pads etc… Did consider getting the freeride but i cant see that back protector would really help that much if youve already got a full bag as protection.

turboferret

Not quite relevant, but I have a 30l Evoc bag which I use every day going to and from work, and really like it. As with everything Evoc, it’s very well thought out (although the Camelbak it has replaced was very good too) and excellent quality.

Cheers, Rich

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I think they look a bit ’90’s schoolbag-ish’? Tbh. New 2013 osprey packs are out the end of this month, and seem a bit more what I’ll be looking for.

ontor
    Free Member

bag = Osprey.
    very, very tough & massive bag = Macpac

Anything else is not as good.

Shackleton

I have had the fr20 for nearly 2 years and it is still pretty much perfect. Build quality is excellent, comfort on the bike is second to none (feels odd off the bike though so don’t be put off)’, very stable on the back, and a very well though out pocket and zip system. Hard to beat in my opinion.

wrecker
    Free Member

I haven’t been overwhelmed by my osprey Raptor. Wouldn’t buy another.
    The Camelbak Mule was a bit crap. With a full bladder, you could barely get anything in it!
    Either Dakine or Evoc for me next.

muddy247
    Free Member

Thanks guys- brilliant advice- just need to decide between the 16l or 20l

tomaso
    Free Member

What Marti said!

I’ve got the 16l freeride and it fits great and is a reassuring piece of kit – I mean I wouldn’t buy a motorcycle jacket that didn’t have a back protector fitted and I rarely fall off that, unlike my mountain bike!

The long thin shape is very different compared to a traditional backpack. You need to pack carefully to get things to fit. Packing for all day mountain pass storming expeditions is a little bit of squeeze. And I wish I’d got the enduro model that Marti has with the helmet/pad straps on the back for hot summer day climbing up mountain passes.

I’ve had mine since June and it has been problem free. I did buy the 20 litre freeride model but got freaked out by the size of it and sold it and bought the 16l and because of the back protector it really wasn’t that different as it is quite long and wide, just a bit thinner in profile. Looking back now I think I should’ve kept the bigger bag but then I’ve always been sh!t at shopping…

This is what the 20l looked like and the tool flap is much better than on the 16l one

I did baulk at the cost but when you compare it to everything else you buy for your bike… :mrgreen:

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have a 20L and the only bad thing I can think of is that its quite tall. If I have the shoulder straps done up tight, like you think you should to stop it wobbling, it sits too high on my back and interferes with my helmet. If you back the straps off so there is no interference you would expect it to move around too much but it doesn’t. The thick waist strap is more comfortable than I expected and that is what gives it the stability.

Great bag.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Evoc bags- worth the price tag?’ is closed to new replies.