Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Evil Sheriff Duathlon – Sherwood Pines – Sunday
  • StuF

Anyone else doing it? Had a go last year and nearly crippled myself, some reason returning for another go?

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I’m doing it 🙂

Crosser or MTB? Still can’t decide.

Running and Duathlons are all new to me. Any tips you can give from last year?

And I’m in Vet category too, nothing like starting late in life eh!

StuF

You should be fine on a crosser – there’s nothing too technical (or wasn’t last year but I think they’ve changed the bike course).

the transitions (run-bike / bike-run) are fun 😯 when your legs go all wobble and have forgotten how to work. There are loads of very fast (to me) people so don’t try and stay with them and have nothing left for the last run (unlike last year).

I had a great time last year.

I’m on a white Cove HJ – say hello if you see me.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Nice on StuF. Thanks for the pointers.

I’ll go and prep the crosser in a bit then. I use it for commuting so it’s on slicks with rack, guards, lights etc.

I’ll be the one getting lost on a Red Kona Jake (or a blue 456 if I wimp out).

Hopefully spot you and have a chat 🙂

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Nice to meet you StuF, how did you get on.

I had a great time, first proper race of any description, as well as first duathlon. Loved the course.

Managed 1:34:25. Well happy, was hoping for 1:50 🙂

I think there was a bit of a lappage/timing issue for some, which was a shame.

garethh
    Free Member

I did this today, good fun except for the muppets who marshalled the running/ bike split section, I ended up doing a half lap then out for 3 full laps. Wasn’t happy with the organisation after paying about £35 to enter as a team. Our time was about 1:18 but how they’re going to compare peoples times is beyond me.

Glad you guys had a good time, had been looking forward to it but was a bit disappointed with the errors

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Nice one Garethh.

Great weather too.

Real shame about the lap issue. Not sure how they’ll sort it out. No great issue for me as I did the set course and got a time that I’m well chuffed with.

Must be a real p1sser if you were a front runner or going for a good time.

Some of the marshalls at the split just didn’t know what to do, and their instructions weren’t clear. The sure need to sort that out. This can’t be the first time they’ve done a race with that type of set up.

I still had a great dat tho 🙂

StuF

I was annoyed with the lap issue – really spoilt an otherwise good event, messed up comparing last years times.

The (hired in) marshals were the most unenthusiastic of any event I’ve been to – busy texting friends, taking photos of mushrooms (whilst the runners went off in wrong direction).

It was much better last year.

Also the kids fun run was a bit pricy, the cost probably put off a load of people from entering.

Oh well – nice day out, probably try again next year.

Mary – Good to bump into you at the start

cp

makes me feel somewhat better about doing DIY this weekend rather than going down for it…

StuF

Some good news – Just to let people know that the organisers have contacted affected people and offered them fair compensation for the mess up – so thank you organisers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Evil Sheriff Duathlon – Sherwood Pines – Sunday’ is closed to new replies.