Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Evil cyclist at it again
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

“I’ve never understood why they have a bike and take the train. Use the bike!”

I can see that the train is totally rammed with passengers sitting in the aisle and babys stuffed into the luggage rack.

For the love of civilisation people, put your bikes in the rack on top of the train 🙁

The comments are interesting

Evening Standard

GrahamS

Meanwhile in Germany:

And Copenhagen:

And Boston:

etc etc

redthunder
    Free Member

Meanwhile on the other branch line….

redthunder
    Free Member

He should get off and ride his bike….

rOcKeTdOg

“manspreading” ❓

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

That’s just disgraceful behavior .

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

manspreading

rOcKeTdOg

Eww

matt_outandabout

White shorts over compression tights with luminous trainers?

A bike on the seat is the least of his worries…

ferrals
    Free Member

I am delighted to find that getting on a train with a bike is now a ‘brazen incident’. Made my day!

rhayter

I remember hauling my bike and and out of the filthy, cold Guard’s van on my commute into London every day. OK, so you had to stand with your bike or risk getting it nicked, but that was a small price to pay. I miss those days. I was soooooo much fitter.

mountainman

Cyclists are untouchable. They can do anything they like wherever they like. It’s time the police started to look at cyclists and there behaviour on and off the road in a more serious way.

Thats fine then .

As others said the train is really crowded !!!!!!!!!

aracer
    Free Member

Cyclists are untouchable. They can do anything they like wherever they like. It’s time the police started to look at cyclists and there behaviour on and off the road in a more serious way.

Every time my mum leaves the house she is murdered by the same cyclist. The police told me “Sorry, he’s a cyclist, can’t touch him!” It’s as if the nazis won.
    [/quote]

I’ll be borrowing that one

ndthornton
    Free Member

That article reads like something from the Daily Mash
    Would be funny if it wasn’t supposed to be serious 😯
    Lets hope it was a slow news day…amazing what people get worked up about!

While user Chris Sepulchre said: “He’s taking the p***!”

Why do we care what foul mouthed users have got to say…he shouldn’t be shooting up on the train anyhow!

GrahamS

I’ll be borrowing that one

From “Don Simon” – wasn’t he formerly of this parish?

GrahamS

My favourite comment was the guy accusing the Evening Standard on being a “pro cycling rag of a paper”.

Yeah, because reporting this non-story just screams pro-cycling bias doesn’t it? 🙄

scandal42
    Free Member

Pro-cycling?

Oh the bastards, no better than Hitler.

aracer
    Free Member

Indeed he was – if that’s the same Don Simon – was he hit with the ban hammer?

A few of the comments on there look like they could have come from somebody on here.

Edit: though actually the comment I liked is from somebody called “toomey”

spursn17
    Free Member

Isn’t the Evening Standard part of the Daily Mail group of newspapers? If it is no wonder it’s full of sh*te articles.

butcher

A few cycling rags seemed to have been reporting this in a negative way.* It’s probably not good train etiquette, even on an empty carriage. But hardly crime of the century. It’s a bloke on a train with cumbersome (and slightly grubby) luggage. Nothing more. And most trains have dismal storage space for bikes, and in my experience it’s usually where everyone is getting off and on…No way I’d want to leave an expensive bike there. It’s not difficult to understand the thought processes behind it.

*Disclaimer: this may not be true, as I never read the actual articles.

rhayter

For the record, the ES is owned by the same groupie as The Independent.

SaxonRider

Isn’t the Evening Standard part of the Daily Mail group of newspapers? If it is no wonder it’s full of sh*te articles.

Whoever owns it, my work firewall isn’t allowing me to see it, as it classifies it as ‘adult’. 😯

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Evil cyclist at it again’ is closed to new replies.