Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Evil Calderdale Eroded Steps of Certain Death – conquered (pics and vid content)
  • bomberman
    Free Member

Been eyeing these up for ages! Steep twisting rooty death steps. Yes that’s right one of the steps is a tree root and comes out at an angle.

view from the bottom:

and from above..

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Looks slippy and interesting 🙂

djglover
    Free Member

No actual proof you’ve ridden them then

bomberman
    Free Member

And here it is fellas – the proof you’ve been waiting for!

http://www.vimeo.com/4824610

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Not completed as you fell off at the end!

AndyPaice
    Free Member

you fell off! go back and do it again 😉

brant
    Free Member

Call them steps? Pah – you need these steps, and amazing Jedi riding skillz 😉

bomberman
    Free Member

yeah but in my defense i had to brake otherwise i would’ve been into that sign and that’s why i slipped. if it had of been dry i would have rode it off! plus i fell off and bashed my ribs on the first attempt and didnt fancy another beating

AndyPaice
    Free Member

lol that’s what makes it fun . Just make sure you don’t get a cough with the bruised ribs. I had that and was coughing for two weeks with bruised ribs!

and another lol at brant, good camera position 😉

djglover
    Free Member

Would have been ok if you did it faster!

bomberman
    Free Member

‘sfunny you should mention MMmmmmBop Brant, i was telling Neil that you were always on about it but i have no idea where it is. i think you should email me with the details 😉

AndyPaice
    Free Member

there is a set of steps near me in sheffield that put both of those to shame. I’ll see if I can get some footage of a lad we ride with who’s ridden them.

darrell
    Free Member

Brant – that is class.

i think the word we used to use as kids was “Muppet”

steel4real
    Free Member

Bomberman – Copley woods ?

bomberman
    Free Member

steel4real,I couldn’t possibly tell everyone where these steps are as it would be highly irresponsible especially as they are already pretty badly eroded.

billybob
    Free Member

Brant- did you fall over the camera!?

freeman
    Free Member

Yep its Copley woods, done them many times, bit daunting first time like especially if theyre slippy.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

What about the horribly steep steps of death down to the carpark between the start of rushup and mam tor, anybody cleared those?

steel4real
    Free Member

BMan, I vaguely recall a similar discussion, and with it most probably having footpath status, I’d agree with you on not revealing the actual location. I think Brant is hopefully doing the same (I know where it is) there is a nicely eroding line next to the steps he’s riding (although fair play to the skillz there) which looks to be from less able attempts to ride down there.

I am yet to find a bridleway in Calderdale with a flight of steps !

hughjass
    Free Member

I am yet to find a bridleway in Calderdale with a flight of steps

Really? :mrgreen:

barca
    Free Member

Mam Nik car park, Swiftacular? I came off about 10 yards in which was highly embarrassing but my mate did them and made it look easy.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Each of the steps was almost as big as my wheels, i had a mate try it on a scott nitrous and stacked it, never bothered trying myself.
    Love to see that tried on video.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

No do mean the ones into the carpark, easily rode the ones down to the road. Just to the left of that map, there’s another set dropping from the top to the back of the carpark, proper evil.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

so you can ride the ones off mam tor but not the steps into the car park – the carpark ones are tiny

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Not been in about 3 years, but im sure the car park ones were only short but really steep and each step seemed massive? Maybe im confusing them for another set? The ones off Mam Tor didnt seem too bad, although there was a lot of walkers and had to hop onto the grass a few times, maybe missed some nasty bits?

james
    Free Member

Theres some steep biggish ones off of the road corner in that google map link, but not towards the car park, could it be those?

D0NK

IIRC there some tricky steps that drop near the trees into the car park, i think those are what swift means, pretty sure i cleaned em, was a while ago

thepodge
    Free Member

steps are best ridden at speed FACT.

barca
    Free Member

I was thinking you meant the steps from the bottom of Mam Tor that go directly into the Mam Nik carpark.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Evil Calderdale Eroded Steps of Certain Death – conquered (pics and vid content)’ is closed to new replies.