• This topic has 161 replies, 76 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)
  • Evil bikes Warranty 2016- still terrible……!
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Wow bitter much?

Wow, defensive much?

discapade
    Free Member

Ok I have some positive news. I guy off here works for Silverfish and after I sent him all the correspondence, it looks like I am getting a new frame. I will update ASAP..

stumpy01

discapade – Member
    Ok I have some positive news. I guy off here works for Silverfish and after I sent him all the correspondence, it looks like I am getting a new frame. I will update ASAP..

Will it still have the issue of tyre rubbing seat tube, or has the frame design been modified? Or will you just run a smaller rear tyre to avoid the issue?

Would be good to know if it’s a design issue/flaw or a manufacturing/tolerance issue.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Either way, I’d consider selling the frame and getting something else.

scotroutes

Richie for PM/Labour Party Leader/England footie manager!!!

wwaswas

I think Richie does a great job but why does it need him to read a dissatisfied customers post on a forum to get things sorted out?

discapade
    Free Member

Tbh all the uk fellas have been top notch. I have asked my self this Q mate and can’t work their system out..anyway, I’m not that bothered as long as I get what I think is fair, I’ll be keeping the new frame as it really is that good and hopefully, it will be fine…

toons
    Free Member

Great news.

Sad that it takes a forum thread to sort it out.

@fd3chris just sold mine; it’s the most I’ve ever got for a 2nd hand frame 🙂

Stevet1
    Free Member

Would be good to know if it’s a design issue/flaw or a manufacturing/tolerance issue.

Would also like to know this.

crashtestmonkey – Member

stevet1 – Member
    Wow bitter much?

Wow, defensive much?
    [/quote]
    Ha not at all, but to say that a company that has brought to manufacture multiple full suspension bikes that have been praised by everyone that rides them should have stuck to hardtails is a bit OTT is it not? I acknowledge their history of problems, and it makes me wary which is why I follow threads like this to try and find the truth and make up my own mind.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Hi Guys

Whilst its nice to hear my work is appreciated I think its important to understand that I’m not the one who actually resolves these issues. That’s still Evil.
    In these circumstances all I do is go through the details, speak to the relevant parties and ensure their are no crossed wires anywhere.
    This particular case was a classic – the customer, the shop, us, Evil Europe and Evil US were all trying to swap correspondence and needless to say it just all became a confusing mess.

Once I was able to add some clarity Evil agreed a warranty within 12 hours. Despite the name and despite some of the comments on here, they’re not actually evil!

Anyway, regardless, I’m glad this is sorted and stoked that the customer loves the bike enough to not just sell it on.

ehrob

Good resolution for the OP, good to hear.

I guess though some work is needed on the communication side, I’d be a bit annoyed if I had to post on an internet forum to get any sort of useful response. Any ideas what would have happened had he not done this?

legend
    Free Member

Richie, there’s no confusion about admitting there’s a design flaw and the designers making a mistake, at which point they should’ve sorted him out not “possibly offer crash replacement” with a sprinkle of “tis but a scratch”

Stoner
    Free Member

the shop, us, Evil Europe and Evil US

cant imagine why they’re so expensive…

Stevet1
    Free Member

Once I was able to add some clarity Evil agreed a warranty within 12 hours.

Great. So what was the problem? Are you not allowed to say? Is the OP sworn to secrecy? The only way Evil are going to shake this image of them as having bad warranty back up is to be totally honest and up front about any issues. Which is why on threads like this it’s important to follow it to conclusion so that any myths can be dispelled (or confirmed…).

cokie

Is the OP sworn to secrecy?

Evil have a habit of doing that. There was a few cases in the UK and USA where they would only honor warranty if posts were removed, photos deleted & threads deleted. Just check out MTBR!

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Richie, there’s no confusion about admitting there’s a design flaw and the designers making a mistake,

You say that but there absolutely IS confusion which is why I initially got involved.
    We have sold hundreds of Followings and seen very, very few suffer this problem.

cant imagine why they’re so expensive…

Yeah and you’ve not even factored in the cost of the helicopter I commute in.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Is the OP sworn to secrecy?

No but talking about the way any individual conducted themselves or their communication isn’t fair.

ehrob

Having to post on Singletrack to get what would appear to be a completely valid warranty claim sorted on a product that cost you thousands of pounds isn’t fair either.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Having to post on Singletrack to get what would appear to be a completely valid warranty claim sorted on a product that cost you thousands of pounds isn’t fair either.

Agreed. Kind of why I got involved though wasn’t it.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Still not sure how a miscommunication could warrant some of the replies the OP posted, but glad to hear it’s sorted.

…assuming the OP can read this, of course, and has not been banned from setting foot in STW as part of the NDA.

buckster
    Free Member

Tbh all the uk fellas have been top notch. I have asked my self this Q mate and can’t work their system out..anyway, I’m not that bothered as long as I get what I think is fair, I’ll be keeping the new frame as it really is that good and hopefully, it will be fine…

Glad its sorted for you, its a shame the UK fellas dont build the frames too! I would hate to go through this, all the best with the new frame, happy trails mate!

honourablegeorge

Not sure how “confusion” can lead to a company sending the below to a custoemr who has an obviously faulty bike – a fact that the company acknowledge themselves, by admitting that their Engineers make mistakes. The response is basically “Yes, we messed up. Bad luck, eh. Still, you can sell the frme and get a few quid back”

Reads to me like Evil’s atitude still stinks, but Silverfish are able to get things sorted.

(Evil Bikes)
    Jun 6, 14:22 MST

Damon,

I understand where you are coming from, but you must realize a few things here;

Your frame is not worthless. You are not alone with tire rub on the seat tube. Its a mountain bike. Scratches and scuffs are expected (yes I realize this is a little out of the norm). The market for used Followings is strong.

No one is trying to fob you off. Our job is to help you.

We are indeed a bike manufacturer. We do not want our bikes to have issues. Engineers are in fact human. They sometimes make mistakes.

I am doubtful I can make anything better than a crash replacement happen. I will ask around.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Will it still have the issue of tyre rubbing seat tube, or has the frame design been modified? Or will you just run a smaller rear tyre to avoid the issue?
    Would be good to know if it’s a design issue/flaw or a manufacturing/tolerance issue

Can confirm what I said earlier in the thread. Mine doesn’t do it, nor do any of the others I know who have one. There was reports of one other having this issue on mtbr over a year ago but that’s it. So seems to be isolated.

discapade
    Free Member

Lots of threads on mtbr about the rubbing issue…TBH I was a bit embarrassed about putting it on here but that was all I had left. I support this great industry and want to help push it forward and am so glad it is being sorted..I had a great bike but was afraid to ride it as I didn’t want to cause more damage and basically felt I was being hung out to dry..

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Really? I stand corrected if so. I was a pretty avid user of mtbr till about 6 months or so ago and only 1 report at that point, only dip in and out now so maybe missed it.

Either way, mine is still fine.

Stevet1
    Free Member

am so glad it is being sorted..I had a great bike but was afraid to ride it as I didn’t want to cause more damage and basically felt I was being hung out to dry..

So what are you going to be doing different with the new replacement frame?

discapade
    Free Member

Carbon guard

discapade
    Free Member

Ok just an update…I picked up my new frame on Saturday…the power of Internet…!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get it on ebay before it breaks..

hora
    Free Member

I remember reading that lapierre wouldnt supply parts to anyone who wasn’t the original owner. I decided then I’d avoid lapierre new or used.

I won’t buy a Evil. Unless the company has a change of owners. This is coming from a Commencal owner as well!

Poor show IMO. As a customer I wouldn’t expect to be put to the wire/stressed/treated like that or receive such emails.

pinetree
    Free Member

I remember reading that lapierre wouldnt supply parts to anyone who wasn’t the original owner. I decided then I’d avoid lapierre new or used.

Well that sounds like bollocks.

If you were not the original owner, but trying to claim parts FOC under warranty, then they’d be quite right in telling you to sod off.
    If you were trying to buy them, on the other hand, they’d have no reason not to supply you.

Seems like a classic case of misreading something online, then taking it as fact.

jam-bo

If you were not the original owner, but trying to claim parts FOC under warranty, then they’d be quite right in telling you to sod off.
    If you were trying to buy them, on the other hand, they’d have no reason not to supply you.

Seems like a classic case of misreading something online, then taking it as fact.

i hate to agree with Hora, but I do recall a number of instances where lapierre would not sell replacement parts unless you were the original owner.

in fact:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/lapierre-frame-spares-only-available-to-original-owner

legend
    Free Member

pinetree – Member

Seems like a classic case of misreading something online, then taking it as fact

Nope, was an actual thing where someone off here couldn’t get hold of a replacement seat/chain stay from love nor money. iirc he wasn’t even asking for warranty.

Heard very similar things about Santa Cruz too

EDIT: wot he says ^

hora
    Free Member

Yup. I don’t do business with companies like that. It kinda sticks in your mind.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

legend – Member
    pinetree – Member

Seems like a classic case of misreading something online, then taking it as fact

Nope, was an actual thing where someone off here couldn’t get hold of a replacement seat/chain stay from love nor money. iirc he wasn’t even asking for warranty.

Heard very similar things about Santa Cruz too

EDIT: wot he says ^
    No problems at all with either-go through a dealer for the relevant brand, the pick the phone up or go on the B2B website, order parts & assuming in stock a day or two later parts arrive.
    That’s how it’s been for the last 3 1/2 years that I’ve dealt with both Lapierre & SC anyway, both original owner & previously used bikes we’ve had through the workshop & supplying parts on request.
    Maybe it’s the dealer you’re using that isn’t great?
    Unless it’s an older model & sometimes they just stop supporting models completely.

hora
    Free Member

Or go on the b2b website

That’s something the man off the street can do? Not the original owner?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Or go on the b2b website

That’s something the man off the street can do? Not the original owner?
    Re read the post & you’ll see I suggest going to a dealer-the bike shop, it’s a wonderful invention.

hora
    Free Member

You obviously bent the truth then on the b2b site saying they were the original owner as the link ^ and from what ive read over the past few years on forums suggest differently.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Why would I do that?
    It’s online ordering-you search for the part or type in the part number & press confirm order, it’s hardly rocket science!

pinetree
    Free Member

That’s something the man off the street can do?

Of course not. B2B is a business platform. As Goldenwonder says, the dealer does this on your behalf.

You obviously bent the truth then on the b2b site saying they were the original owner as the link

I think you’re overestimating the complexity of a b2b system…

ive read over the past few years on forums

Oh well it must be true then…

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Evil bikes Warranty 2016- still terrible……!’ is closed to new replies.