• This topic has 154 replies, 68 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 155 total)
  • Evil. Actual, real evil. Walking about in daylight.
  • gonzy
    Free Member

That has to be a troll, surely?

not a troll…just how i feel right now….i’m not saying its the right thing to do but it was an emotional response to the tragedy that has taken place

yunki
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon +1

Gary_M
    Free Member

The rest of the day is going to be a bit difficult.

Its a terrible terrible atrocity, killing children, burning people alive, it can never by justified no matter who does it.

But you’re going to have a difficult day because of it? Really, it affects you to that extent?

Coyote
    Free Member

As a species we haven’t come as far as we would like to think.

The Rape of Nanking?
    The rise and brutality of communism?
    Belsen?
    Hiroshima / Nagasaki?
    Srebrenica?
    9/11?

All atrocities carried out by humankind against itself and all involving the massacre of innocents. Advocating nuclear strikes and torture of the perpetrators will achieve absolutely nothing.

As long as one man thinks he has a right to kill another then nothing will change.

DezB
    Free Member

I swtiched the TV news report off when a reporter asked a doctor in the local hospital the question: “What are the injuries like?” WTF?

BoardinBob

Stanhope nails it as always

“A national day of prayer”? Does that scare the spine out of anyone? Especially when you consider that it’s all those dog-shit religions that start these wars to begin with. Ninety percent of every war that’s ever been fought is because of some made-up, mind control, completely fictional religion.

You never hear in the news, “200 killed today when Atheist rebels took heavy shelling from the Agnostic stronghold in the north”.

No, it’s because you got a silly, placebo religion cuz you don’t want to admit that you don’t know

binners

As pointed out though, this has very little to do with actual religion. And everything to do with power and control through fear. Any religious element is purely incidental

loddrik
    Free Member

These people are all deeply religious on both sides. What I don’t get is why Allah doesn’t step in and let everyone get along.

Oh wait….

chewkw
    Free Member

Coyote – Member
    Advocating nuclear strikes and torture of the perpetrators will achieve absolutely nothing.

Yes, a nuclear strike will achieve something. (but you cannot use it now because there is no such thing as Talib country where they congregate in one area)

Do you want to live in Chernobyl? See the place is regenerating itself again slowly. Animal roaming the place again without a single human being in sight. Perhaps several hundred / thousand years later human will go back there again but in the meantime. The place is at peace.

Sometimes you just have to eradicate the core. No if or but. The apple is rotten and it must be used as fertiliser.

🙄

Edukator
    Free Member

The last few paragraphs in this piece provide some informed speculation on the politics of the region

Edit: DW article

I would remind Chewkw that Pakistan has nuclear weapons.

Coyote
    Free Member

Sometimes you just have to eradicate the core. No if or but. The apple is rotten and it must be used as fertiliser.

In the process wiping out innocent civilians and radicalising the next wave.

Again, as long as one man thinks he has a right[/u] to kill another then nothing will change.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Drone strikes and torture certainly don’t help the West’s cause. The report on the CIA’s enhanced interrogation techniques is a real eye opener. Some of those GITMO detainees are never getting out, as they’ve seen too much. Shaker Aamer will probably have a tragic accident.

chewkw
    Free Member

Edukator – Troll

I would remind Chewkw that Pakistan has nuclear weapons.

Not Pakistan, the Talib.

The Talib is in Pakistan so you cannot nuke them/Pakistan (you can but they are not the target) but rather let the Pakistani people wake up to their own reality.

Coyote – Member

In the process wiping out innocent civilians and radicalising the next wave.

Again, as long as one man thinks he has a right to kill another then nothing will change.

No one left to radicalise because they/we are all dead. 🙄

Of course things will never change much because that is human nature to dominate. 🙄

binners

Drone strikes and torture certainly don’t help the West’s cause.

Indeed. Its hard to take the moral high ground when you’re kidnapping people, imprisoning them without trial, pulling their toe-nails out, electrocuting, then waterboarding them.

At least, due to the way their political system functions, the Americans now know what the government was doing in their name. Which might stop any repeat performances. I suspect we’ll never find out what was being done in ours. Still…. Merry Christmas eh?

slowoldman

The apple is rotten and it must be used as fertiliser.

A cynic might say the only reason we don’t take that approach in the Middle East is because we need to maintain access to the oil.

brakes
    Free Member

the Americans now know what the government was doing in their name

and they’re probably quite content with that.

joolsburger
    Free Member

We’ve done worse, many times. This is awful for sure but I’m not going to wring my hands about it.
    Still it’s selling adverts, so that’s a plus.

Just one observation. The Taliban themselves say they are doing this out of pure faith, why doesn’t anyone actually accept this is true? No one seems happy to accept this is religiously driven action even though the people doing it swear blind it is.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

To be fair this was a long time coming, seeing as the Pakistanis and ISI have been playing a treacherous double game with us and the Taliban for the past decade. Maybe this will make the idiots wake up and smell the coffee.

Still awful though.

binners

Just one observation. The Taliban themselves say they are doing this out of pure faith, why doesn’t anyone actually accept this is true? No one seems happy to accept this is religiously driven action even though the people doing it swear blind it is.

Its on page one of the Totalitarian’s Guide:

The thing is… if you indulge in psychotic barbarity, to assert your own personal power through fear, then you’re just a nutter. Saying you’re doing it some divine mission from God, and you’re a prophet/visionary/martyr

See also: Tony Balir

Coyote
    Free Member

No one left to radicalise because they/we are all dead.

Neighbouring country? Allies? Families abroad? As long as we think we ave a right to kill we will continue to do so.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

But you’re going to have a difficult day because of it? Really, it affects you to that extent?

Do you have an imagination?

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member

The apple is rotten and it must be used as fertiliser.

A cynic might say the only reason we don’t take that approach in the Middle East is because we need to maintain access to the oil. [/quote]

Yes. Perhaps also their cash.

The world has no choice because we need their oil to move our vehicles.

Tom_W1987 – Member

To be fair this was a long time coming, seeing as the Pakistanis and ISI have been playing a treacherous double game with us and the Taliban for the past decade. Maybe this will make the idiots wake up and smell the coffee.

The demon/satan/devil has now started to consume their children and if the beasts are not stopped now one day they will get hold of the nuke facility and that will be the end of their nation.

Yes, all the nuke weapons in the world will aim at them. How many nuke do they have I hear? How many others have?

😯

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Some people just know what to expect from humans/the universe in general and aren’t surprised by it/hardened to it.

Humour is a good antidote when you get to that stage.

brakes
    Free Member

finding humour in tragedy is often seen as a good old British coping mechanism, but perhaps if we did less of this, the stark reality of theses situations might make us stop and think about it rather than taking an ignorant or apathetic stance.

We’ve done worse, many times.

Well personally I’ve never been into a school, shot some kids and burnt somebody alive, just to teach somebody else a lesson.

This is a act of terrorism in the purest sense – in that is object is to spread terror.

I’m shocked at the number of people on this thread that seem to condone terrorism.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’m at best ambivalent about this. I’ve seen thousands of people die in other countries over the last 35 years on the news and in the papers. I’ve seen and read about millions more dying through war, famine, disaster and I don’t know what else. I’m fed images and stories daily that would make a sane person puke and they don’t even register. I don’t know these children and although it saddens me when I hear things like this I’m more confused about why these children dying are more newsworthy than the thousands who starved to death somewhere else today.

It’s all bollocks, just propaganda to make me hate people I don’t know for reasons I can’t understand but probably to do with money. It’s a sorry state of affairs that’s for bloody sure.

And although I may not have personally done murder, I’ve had it done in my name and I did nothing about it, wringing my hands now about some atrocity seems a bit mawkish.

chewkw
    Free Member

somewhatslightlydazed – Member
    I’m shocked at the number of people on this thread that seem to condone terrorism.

I don’t condone terrorism but merely a logical steps to deal with the immediate problem. You think too much.

However, I do want to become an absolute dictator of the world with absolute power that is unquestionable. If I am one the world will be at peace. 😯

toby1

Still not regretting my decision to not introduce more life onto this foul planet.

Argue all you want people, see if it escalates and you all end up threatening each others kids.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yes but I’ve got other stuff to do rather than sitting wringing my hands and struggling to get through the day because of a terrorist atrocity.

Yep its appalling but I’m still able to function normally. Maybe its just me but I really don’t think many people on this thread will struggle to get through the day after reading the news story on this.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Oh.

wilko1999
    Free Member

toby its a wonderful planet. Unfortunately there will always be a complete spectrum of good all the way to evil on it. The greatest pleasures I’ve experienced so far (apart from doing the do 😉 ) have been introducing my offspring to all the amazing things that life can offer.

tpbiker
    Free Member

You adhere to values in the new testament rather than the old testament then, tpbiker. Turning the other cheek isn’t for everyone. Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind. Eye for an eye… It’s all in the good books of the main religions of all involved.

So what wind did the 80 dead children sow to deserve this then?

I adhere to the values of not being a total twunt and butchering kids for no other reason than revenge. I don’t need a book to tell me that.

I’m frankly astonished you appear to be trying to justifying it.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Now if you were the husband/father of a mother and her children killed by a rocket launched from a drone in NW Pakistan what would you do?

Dunno, hopefully wouldn’t machine gun a school though

yunki
    Free Member

So what wind did the 80 dead children sow to deserve this then?

I adhere to the values of not being a total twunt and butchering kids for no other reason than revenge. I don’t need a book to tell me that.

I’m frankly astonished you appear to be trying to justifying it.

Sorry but that’s a bullshit point of view, formed from your cosy safe brick house, in your peaceful street, surrounded by luxury and with the biggest danger in your life perhaps your daily commute..

If you’d faced years and years of brutality and barbarism, watching generations of your friends and family blown to smithereens, reduced to steaming lumps of meat and gristle by your neighbouring tribe, or the next country, or an occupying force from a land thousands of miles away, or by bloody hell fire raining down from above, I’m sure your view on right and wrong might be slightly less warm milk and radio 4 afternoon play

I dunno if I’m trying to justify what happened, but I am a bit sickened that we can sit here in our safe little cotton wool wrapped lives passing judgement on people who have endured decades no, centuries of violent military persecution

johndoh
    Free Member

Not sure if that is justification from seeing it from their point of view though.

**** up is **** up is **** up.

JCL
    Free Member

This has gone way beyond religion. It’s ideology.
    Its beyond ideology. And terrorism. Its fascism. Pure and simple.

The root is religion. They’re all forms of societal conditioning.

brakes
    Free Member

I am a bit sickened that we can sit here in our safe little cotton wool wrapped lives passing judgement on people who have endured decades no, centuries of violent military persecution

you’ve got a point, but we’re helpless to do anything about what has gone on in the past and what goes on “in our name” as someone else put it.
    what seems different here and elsewhere is that these are individual acts of barbarism incited by religious leaders in the name of an invented deity, as opposed to the responsive acts of nations led by those who have the interests of the people at their core, admittedly with prosperity being another obvious interest.

wilburt
    Free Member

@yunki most people know how lucky they are and can probably imagine given different circumstances what they could/would do if threatened, but I don’t think you can compare bombing of cites in war to the specific targeting and cruel killing of kids in a school, that’s the act of an evil ideology not someone trying to protect themselves.

mega
    Free Member

the root isn’t religion
    the root is evil – some people are evil

Some people are evil sometimes, some people are evil often.

If there were no ‘religion’, people would still commit terrible acts towards fellow humans.
    If there were no ‘religion’, people would still commit acts of kindness towards fellow humans

it’s in each of us to decide which path to take in every step we take. Sometimes we do right, sometimes we do wrong. Sometimes we do wrong to such an extent that there is no turning back.

If that happens I honestly believe there is justification for killing. The people who committed this act should be put down for the good of humanity.

grum
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘Evil. Actual, real evil. Walking about in daylight.’ is closed to new replies.