Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • everything you’ve heard about inbreds is true!
  • rOcKeTdOg

here’s the proof

gonetothehills
    Free Member

God you’re so juvenile! Make sure you never change! 😀

How are you finding the bike? I’m just on the cusp of ordering that same frame – is the rear wheel easy to set up / keep in place? Rear disc performance good? What kind of weight does it come out with the rigid forks?

cheers

|gtth|

rOcKeTdOg

riding buddies bike i’m afraid, but i can tell you he’s a lot faster on it than his geared bike and lifting it over styles/gates is not a chore! it’s way light

aw
    Free Member

Do you find the rigid fork ok compared to a front suspension fork?

I notice that the SS bikes are more inclined to have a rigid fork, why is that?

And the replacement rigid fork in this case – does it take into account the angle of the front end if or compared to a sus fork (in other words is it raised up to the same height as a 4″ fork as you would expect the front end to be lower)

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

SS bikes are generally owned be weirdo’s, hence the rigid fork 😉

rOcKeTdOg

for info-it’s a 29er fork, but doesn’t seem to upset the handling (not that i’ve ridden it)

CountZero

My SS is very similar to that, with On-One carbon forks, and carbon bars. It gets a bit chattery over rough downhill tracks, especially on chalk. I guess mine’s around 20/21lb ish? Keep meaning to get it on some digital scales. Lovely bike to ride, took mine for a blast across the Marlborough Downs and the Ridgeway this afternoon.

aw
    Free Member

I guess the real advantage is the weight saving of the carbon rigid fork. 20lbs is light for a MTB

vdubber67
    Free Member

Is that a 456 with 29er rigids?

rOcKeTdOg

no it’s a standard SS inbred

ski
    Free Member

That’s one hell of a ding that right hand Bumb Hole Lane post has taken 😉

rOcKeTdOg

trails are extreme ’round these parts 😉

ski
    Free Member

Not far from my neck of the woods RD either 😉

You might have heard of North Piddle which we cycled past at the weekend.

rOcKeTdOg

i’ve had a few ‘piddle in the hole’s before now

Keva
    Free Member

I swapped the rigid fork on my inbred for an 85-115mm reba, I reckon it was better as a rigid, never quite felt as good with the suspension.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘everything you’ve heard about inbreds is true!’ is closed to new replies.