• This topic has 58 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Everyones going to the Alps but me :0(
  • hora
    Free Member

Hi sambob, long time no-see. Hope your brakes etc are working? Think Pook is organising another Pootle soon..

grumm
    Free Member

why would you want to take 1 year old to the alps

I got carried all over the Alps when I was a child. Never did me any harm!

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i've got to suffer a five week holiday at bikevillage this summer… Ah well!

bennyboy
    Free Member

I am not I am going to the Pyrenees

dasnut
    Free Member

slightly on topic, megavalanche people be prepared for lots of snow this year.
    The freeraid at 2Alpes (just across the valley from Alpe d'Huez) has had a route change due to loads of snow from 2600m (2.7m metres still on the glacier at 3400m according to the update)
    And its due to get really cold here this weekend (freezing point at 1600m) so its not going to shift all that quick.

good luck everyone

chakaping
    Free Member

I'm not either, but I still keep thinking of ways I might be able to swing it.

Currently planning a UK-based "uplift week" instead to make up for it a bit.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

So much good riding in the UK it doesn't matter. Wouldn't mind some more uplifts though.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I'm not going either, baby will be arriving in November and my finances need to be as healthy as possible, so it's goodbye to my DH bike come September. :0(

samuri
    Free Member

I'm not going riding in the alps and probably never will.

I live near Wigan, why would I want to go riding anywhere else?

trout
    Free Member

sort of going to some alps Swabian Albe in Germany soon

What are the chances of Engerland playing Germany in he first week of July

toys19
    Free Member

freeridenick – Member

why would you want to take 1 year old to the alps

and grums response

grum – Member

I got carried all over the Alps when I was a child. Never did me any harm!

We took ours when she was 6 months old, had a great time taking it in turns to look after her or ride, the froggy liftmasters where extremely helpful and baby oriented. We are going again this year with another newborn.

See if you anyone knows where this pic was taken.

big_scot_nanny

We're planning a St. moritz camping and mtb raid this weekend to hook up with a mate who's doing a road ride Basel – St. moritz.

Now looking at the forecast and wondering if it is a wise move to be up in mountains we don't know, in an area we haven't ridden before, when the forecast is -1 with wind and snow. Hmmmmm.

Are we daft? or is it MTFU?

Kev

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Picture taken in Les Lindarets valley! just down from waterfall but far enough away from those stinky goats!??? Am I right? do I win a prize!!

My first year in 6 years of not going to the alps, but we are off to Colorado for 2 weeks MTBing instead! whoop whoop…

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

I'm going in 2 weeks for the marmotte and megavalanche but still looking forward to soloing 24/12 and Keilder 100 though.

toys19
    Free Member

Yup les lindarets where all the lifts meet, few good cafes there. The prize is a warm glow and this

sambob
    Free Member

they are thanks hora, new pads rub and make me want to shoot myself, but they work well. how is the fork situation currently? and as long as it's not between the 16th of july and the 7th of August ill be there 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Fork situation ended up the only way it could; Fox. Heaven knows why I hung around Rockshox's for so long.

sambob
    Free Member

i dont blame you. I WANT A NEW BIKE :'(

hora
    Free Member

So I've had daily email updates of the 'Mega lot' (yeah cheers!) Grrr…

Then a friend from cumbria rings just now and says 'I've got so-and-so's chalet in Morzine and the family are driving over to Morzine tomorrow morning for 2 weeks'…..argghhhh 😐
    😕
    but still …..can I say? (although I hate the term) Im superstoked for them 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Everyones going to the Alps but me :0(’ is closed to new replies.