Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Everyone else's bike is shit.
  • wilsation
    Free Member

Since singletrack have decided that plus bikes are shit let’s have a pop at all the other bikes out there that aren’t enduro race bikes. Let’s hear your rants about fatties, singlespeeds, rigid bikes and any bikes without a dropper post

superstu
    Free Member

Eh?
    I’m not a singletrack apologist but some reservations about one bike doesn’t mean they just love enduro. Quite the opposite, I like their magazine reviews as they normally come up with something sensible for bikes they don’t fall in love with e.g. Good if you want a base for XYZ. Compared to other magazines where anything without a 30mm stem or 800mm bars is “old school” and needs instantly swapping…

Do you read the magazine?

Nipper99
    Free Member

There’s a magazine?

I can confirm that all other bikes apart from mine are shit

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Mines the rubbishist.

I don’t even have one.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Shit bikes are shit. I hate shit bikes. The industry is forcing shit bikes on us. We’ve had enough. These new standards are becoming a joke.

bigrich

I thought they said that plus sized tyres are all californian andnot up to it yet?

thats not the same as calling the whole bike shit.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I’ve also got a shit bike. I was surprised to hear about this magazine malarkey too, I expect that to be shit as well though.

oldnpastit

I thought they said that plus sized tyres are all californian andnot up to it yet?

I wish they all could be Californian.

beefheart
    Free Member

You’re shitting me!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sorry the pram isn’t +….

rickon
    Free Member

I got a fat bike a year ago. Wheel size is irrelevant, it’s all about having fun.

Wilsation, STW forum.

So… Does that only apply to fat bikes or plus sized tyres?

Everyone can’t represent everyone’s views, the guys who reviewed plus sized didn’t like them, and said that in the review. That’s better than lying and saying they’re amazeballs for them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well if it makes the OP feel better…

The 27.5+ plus standard is taking off. We had a great time testing the Norco Torrent, as the increase in traction that the larger tyre makes is phenomenal. New lines appear, trails become faster – and it’s fun!

http://ambmag.com.au/first-look-specialized-s-works-stumpjumper-6fattie/
    A fattie convert loved a fattie apparently, I read his review and it sounds like most of the evangalists here.
    Then from this very mag

Overall

Like most plus sized trail bikes, the Intense ACV+ is a great idea on paper, but one that is held back (at the moment) by a lack of suitable tyres. It excels on rough, rocky terrain where it encourages you to have fun, ride quickly and attempt bold new lines, but in doing so makes itself liable for punctures which is a massive shame. As it is, it’s still an absolute hoot to ride, you just need to keep an eye on things when the going gets rough.
    http://singletrackworld.com/reviews/first-full-test-intense-acv-pro-27-5/
    Some fairly good honesty in a review there – fits whith what a lot of people are saying the rubber isn’t up to it for some more aggressive riding.

Rorschach
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

else’s

Or Elsie’s? I hear her bike is ok actually

curto80
    Free Member

How come shit is allowed through the swear filter, but not ****?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

There’s a new standard? I’ve only just got a 29er 🙁

wwaswas

There’s a new standard?

If you don’t like mountain bike standards wait ten minutes.

buckster
    Free Member

Just keep changing your shit bikes until you aren’t a shit rider anymore, swapping shit always ends up with being a faster/gnarlier/tech/enduro hucker anyway

cheekyget
    Free Member

A bad rider always blames the bike!!

My bikes are de bollox!! 😀

tomhoward

Depends, are we taking style of bike/riding, or the quality of bike itself?

A sub £200 new full sus, regardless of any geometry/wheel size, is a shit bike
    A 22kg, 7speed freewheel (mated to a 44t single ring) fat bike is a shit bike, but not because it’s a fat bike.

I don’t like 29ers, but accept there are some nice ones
    Hipster fixies are all shit though.

rocketman
    Free Member

Everyone else’s bike is shit.

Fact

singlespeedstu

Here’s a picture of my shit bike’s shit tyre just before it exploded and killed me and half of the population of Switzerland.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Ji2Z1U]Bubble.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

PJM1974
    Free Member

Controversy.

Here’s my take:

While I think that the bike industry deserves to lose sales and revenue on the back of the plethora of new standards we’ve seen trotted out (Boost 110 & 148 in particular have annoyed me beyond words), there is one upside to the fat tyred revolution that I hadn’t anticipated.

You can run “normal” sized 29er wheels on them, which is what I’d do during the soggier months. I have my eye on the local trails, which are notoriously slippery and wet thanks to the chalky soil. I’ve seen exactly zero fatbikes round my way, although 29ers are popular.

Perhaps we are moving towards a one bike for all situations solution, albeit with two sets of wheels?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Sod this…(in true Cartman stylie) shit, shittity, shit, shit shit.

gonzy
    Free Member

Here’s a picture of my shit bike’s shit tyre just before it exploded and killed me and half of the population of Switzerland.

how did you survive?…wait let me guess…some red haired woman in a red dress brought you back to life? 😆

wwaswas

Here’s a picture of my shit bike’s shit tyre

It’s so shit you daren’t actually ride on it I see.

Milkie
    Free Member

This is real shit. It’s good shit, right? Bad shit like, this shit is bad? It’s shit shit. This shit isn’t worth shit. Anybody caught on the street with this would get killed.

This is real shit.

I don’t know if my bike is shit, I try not to ride other peoples bikes in case I find my bike is shit… No wait, it must be shit, its got kiddie sized 26″ wheels. 😆

eddiebaby
    Free Member

There used to be a magazine but I cancelled my subscription a few issues back so I assume it’s closed down.

singlespeedstu

It’s so shit you daren’t actually ride on it I see.

Though I’d get my moneys worth out of the lift pass by just staying on there and going round and round all day.
    Didn’t want to risk a second death by puncture.

cheese@4p

But isn’t piss was going to be the new shit next month?

slowoldman

Does shite get through the filter?

EDIT – Apparently yes.

matther01
    Free Member

No valve cap must’ve made that tyre explode Stu

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Everyone else's bike is shit.’ is closed to new replies.