Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 168 total)
  • Everyone been out to vote then?
  • kimbers

AD – Member

Brilliant quote on BBC website – ‘Elections expert Prof John Curtice says the No campaign has apparently won the referendum by securing the support of older people, Conservatives and those who have not enjoyed a university education’.

Wrong on all three counts in my case…

but right about the majority of no voters, everyone knows the old fear change!

allthepies
    Free Member

i respect him immensely

Well you don’t seem to as you believe he’s putting self interests ahead of the greater good.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

in a country where the most popular tv programme is x-factor and the sun the most popular newspaper ‘no brainers’ best describes the population

Is that why the entire Yes campaign appeared to be composed of well known TV celebrities, luvvies and third rate comedians then?

kimbers

i should rephrase that ‘as a scientist i respect him immensely’
    (tho not necessarily as a phd supervisor
    -his phd students both complained that he was never around)

kimbers

i was only aware of eddie izzard, id say he was 2nd rate to be fair
    but the yes campaign was particularly poor, they didnt have any pictures of dying babies for a start!

allthepies
    Free Member

<doffs cap to Z11>

Eddie Izzard made my mind up 🙂

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Clearly of course, if such political luminaries as Joanna Lovely, Colin Firth, Helena Bonham-Carter, Tony Robinson, Stephen Fry AND Eddie Izzard were for it, it must have been a good thing for politics 🙄

kimbers

you know now i think about it youre right z11,
    ive been such a fool
    the no camp had far better celebs kriss akabousi, david gower and……..

sadly i dont think thats a real flyer (no dead babies) but he was on radio4 backing the no vote

Viewing 8 posts - 161 through 168 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘Everyone been out to vote then?’ is closed to new replies.