• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Everyday's a School Day (Jedi content inside)
  • twistedpencil

Dear Diary

Yesterday I spent the day at school with my new teacher Mr Doyle. The lessons included a smattering of physics with a smattering of woodwork thrown to lighten the workload.

The first lesson of the day was tough, Mr Doyle explained that everything I knew was wrong, I was a little disheartened, but thankfully he was happy that I could pump a bit – something to work with he said.

So on to teaching me from scratch, Mr Doyle was sure that I had previously known what to do but had buried it deep due to driving a desk for too long (my words not Mr Doyles!).

After a basic lesson in GCSE physics, seriously how does a professional chartered engineer not understand basic concepts anymore? Mr Doyle had me some nice simple what I though were repetitive exercises, next thing I knew we were into aerodynamics. Quite high aerodynamics – or at least they were high for me at that time of the school day.

Once my basic straight line techniques had improved a bit we tried some curved geometry, this was harder than I expected, but Mr Doyle was very patient and let me progress at my own speed.

After that lesson, which was a proper eye-opener, Mr Doyle set about linking these skills together along with a bit of wood work.

I got a bit tired and like all good teachers Mr Doyle dialled it back a bit for lunch.

After lunch more aerodynamics – big aerodynamics, I may have giggled in class but I didn’t get into trouble, in fact giggling was positively encouraged.

I learned so much in such great way in a short time Mr Doyle has usurped my old chemistry teacher as my favourite teacher.

I worked so hard and was ecstatic with my results even if I do say so myself.

Best school day ever. I have asked if I can go back next year.

Steve

Aged 41 and 33days.

twistedpencil

Thanks Jedi I had an awesome time yesterday.

maxtorque

LOLz!

His after-school evening classes are even better 😉

twistedpencil

I think I might need a few more lessons in advanced woodwork before undertaking evening classes. An amazing place.

pnik

Yep he’s one of the good guys. I’m still pants though, less pants and i sort of know why!

Wookster

One of the best days on a bike every was last year with Jedi. I was real ding this week and can’t believe what a difference that day is still making to my riding. What’s also funny is when it all goes pete tong I end up working out why in the style of Tony’s post ride de brief !! 😆

jedi

Work on what we Covered Steve and embedd it. Thanks again

twistedpencil

Tony, I’ve drawn diagrams and everything to help me remember when things start going awry.

Really looking forward to hitting the alps next week.

Kryton57

4 years ago I think and I have to admit to forgetting to apply the teachings last year. With more XC riding in my training now and the need to find speed in corners I re-engaged with Jedi’s teachings and I was this very morning swooping through corners looking ahead…

… and it saved me, probably quit literally as I exited a corner in the trees at speed to find a long horn bull standing across the single track, and pulled up a wheel-rims width away from riding straight into it.

Desperately want to go back and fix my current fear of jumping off things. 🙁

jedi

Kryton, glad you still feeling the benefits still

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Everyday's a School Day (Jedi content inside)’ is closed to new replies.