Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • every good turn..
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Riding through Mytholmroyd this morning, saw a group of cyclists at the roadside with an upturned bike, so I stopped to ask if they needed help.
    Turned out they were having trouble getting the wheel off so I helped with that, and then ended up changing the tube and getting the wheel back on for them.
    In return they offered to treat me to a coffee in Hebden Bridge where their friends were waiting for them – how nice was that?

andyl
    Free Member

and here was the cynic in me expecting something along the lines of “…gets you nowhere”.

Helped a German huy out a couple of times on a long run down the mountains at Garda when his pump broke and he kept losing air. We ended up in the pub by the lake for a few beers (it was around Oktoberfest) while the OH thought I had crashed and died as I had been out for so long. Made what would have been quite a lonely ride much better.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Oh, did I mention they were three lady cyclists?
    Seems they’d already had a puncture and used up their CO2 cyclinder, and the only working pump was up front with their friends – there’s a moral in that somewhere.

I did find myself on my knees surrounded by ladies I didn’t know whilst furiously making short arm gestures with the pump, wondering how I get myself into such situations!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MoreCashThanDash

I did find myself on my knees surrounded by ladies I didn’t know whilst furiously making short arm gestures with the pump, wondering how I get myself into such situations!

Good deed thread or stealth boast?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

My face was going pretty red when I realised what it looked like I can tell you!
    I wisely resorted to using a CO2 canister…

Cougar

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5JH89Vcbpo[/video]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘every good turn..’ is closed to new replies.