Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • ever seen something you couldn't explain (ghost/ufo/supernatural e.t.c)?
  • racefaceec90

just interested what you might have experienced that you couldn’t explain.

my own story happened in the mid 90’s.was driving back from bath with my friend at night.i was driving past sally in the woods.to the right you could see all of bath,there were no stars in the sky.suddenly my friend pointed and said what was that.

looking i saw a white glowing sphere hovering above bath.at first i thought it must be a helicopter floodlight,but there was no sound at all.

all of a sudden it just shot off at high speed (not accelerate,i mean just instantly shot off.it also didn’t make a sound 😯

may not have been aliens,but it definitely wasn’t a helicopter/jet.

Harry_the_Spider

Driving through the Peak District about 10 years back both me and my wife saw a bloke running on the side of the road. We both commented that he wasn’t in the safest place… then he vanished. We even slowed down to see where he had gone, but couldn’t spot him. The oddest thing was that we both saw him, both commented on how dangerous it was and then both lost him.

Can’t explain it. There were some trees at the road side, but unless he was specifically hiding we have no idea where he went.

russianbob
    Free Member

Interestingly I spent quite a bit of time dicking about at night on the fields between Bathwick Hill and Widcombe Hill in Bath, sitting out watching the night time city. We saw similar lights hovering above the city on more than one occasion. How strange.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    loddrik
    Free Member

I was absolutely convinced my wife was possessed many years ago. However we were in Ibiza and had been up partying for 5 days with no sleep which probably explained things and I was experiencing deep psychosis after consuming vast amounts of cocaine.

Still seemed real and scary as hell though!!

lemonysam
    Free Member

Can’t explain it. There were some trees at the road side, but unless he was specifically hiding we have no idea where he went.

In fairness, I was once walking home from a friend’s house after watching The Thing and having a few Herbal Cigarettes – on the way home it started to snow. At that point a car came past and then anchored up and started reversing towards me. Of course it occurs to me now that they were probably going to offer to give me a lift but at the time I panicked, jumped over a hedge and ran off into the fields.

allthepies
    Free Member

Black “beam” heading skywards emitting from the top of the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem.

Wierd.

this place

warton
    Free Member

I was absolutely convinced my wife was possessed many years ago. However we were in Ibiza and had been up partying for 5 days with no sleep which probably explained things and I was experiencing deep psychosis after consuming vast amounts of cocaine.

LOL. whilst watching the naked lunch, whilst on some very strong acid, i was convinced my then girlfriend couldn’t breathe. Oh, that was a fun night

hatter

Paris Hilton’s career?

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I’m a contractor currently working nights in a public building in Bradford and have set up a temporary office in the basement plantroom. There has been several occasions in the early hours of the morning where I’m aware of something passing behind me but there’s nothing there when I look.

This building has several underground tunnels adjacent to the plantroom that link a few different buildings together and I’ve recently found out that these tunnels were used to store bodies after the Hillsborough stadium fire. It just feels really spooky.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Sorry not Hillsborough it was Valley Parade.

pondo

That has just raised the hairs on the back of my neck thinking about it…

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

.i was driving past sally in the woods.

You do know there have been all sorts of odd goings-on in those woods*, right? Google it.

(*allegedly)

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

When I was a kid driving with my parents through a small village that had a main railway line behind a hedge row, then a row of cottages, what looked like the smoke and cinders coming out of a steam train moving along track. all of us saw it, so my dad put foot down to next clear view of track about 3/4 mile further up road and nothing ever appeared.

Mum had also seen various unexplained lights in sky moving amd stopping at speed – this was all near Bonnybridge which is well known for this sort of stuff.

[Bad Taste mode on] What was the last thing that was heard from the missing plane?? “Take me to your leader!!”[Bad taste mode off]

Lifer
    Free Member

One of the best ghost stories I’ve heard is Liam Lynch’s Williamson Tunnels/Liverpool Brothel/Masonic Ghosts one at the end of this podcast – starts around 55mins (is quite long though!)

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/10/nerdist-podcast-neil-degrasse-tyson-returns/

Whole podcast is worth a listen as Neil Degrasse Tyson is such a dude.

endurogangster
    Free Member

I once had a massive poo, and when I got up the pan was empty and when I wiped the paper was clean! No explanation could have been a ghost poo or teleported away for study by aliens! Who knows but that was a good day.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I saw the same figure in the old family home in Hockley. Both times it was a shadow of a woman dressed in a long Victorian dress with a hood, but with nothing casting it. I saw her early one morning on the landing, then got up and watched her over the banister descend down the wall next to the stairs. The next time I saw her I was playing football in the garden with my Dad and could see into the house; she moved along the dining room wall and into the wall that joined onto the neighbour’s.

This building has several underground tunnels adjacent to the plantroom that link a few different buildings together and I’ve recently found out that these tunnels were used to store bodies after the Hillsborough stadium fire. It just feels really spooky.

Sounds similar to the old Hoover building in Perivale. Apparently drivers on the A40 used to see figures standing on the green in front of the building – it was used to store bodies during the blitz.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

So the other day I was out riding and i came across this guy on the trail and I looked down at his bike and….it had wheels that were bigger than mine. He said it rolled faster and then dissapeared up his own asshole in a puff of smoke. Honest!

shermer75
    Free Member

Haha ghost poo!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My parents last 2 houses were built on top of a monestry graveyard. Whenever anything was dug up (phone lines, water, etc) they’d find more graves, and after the first few they stopped re-intering them into the nearby churchyard. So it wasn’t unusual to look from my bedroom and see bodies. So I know there were bodies under my bed.

Nothing interesting ever happened.

However my borthers f-buddy refuses to sleep in my bed* because she woke up in the middle of the night completely unexplainably wierded out and refuses to go back in there.

*no, not for that reason

shermer75
    Free Member

They should do a film where they build a new town on the site of an Ancient Indian Sewage Works, and everyone gets attacked by ghost poos

onandon
    Free Member

However my borthers f-buddy refuses to sleep in my bed* because she woke up in the middle of the night completely unexplainably wierded out and refuses to go back in there.

Was she covered in Ectoplasm ?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

So the other day I was out riding and i came across this guy on the trail and I looked down at his bike and….it had wheels that were bigger than mine. He said it rolled faster and then dissapeared up his own asshole in a puff of smoke. Honest!

😆

My parents last 2 houses were built on top of a monestry graveyard.

Why would you buy two consecutive houses on top of a graveyard?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

JEngledow
    Free Member

To try and stop their sons having sex?!

weare138
    Free Member

I was being driven home from the cinema in Chester to wards Wrexham, I noticed a light in the sky which wasn’t moving. I kept my eye on it but it was still, as we got closer and actually drove underneath the object I could see its distinctive triangular shape against he the very starry sky. As well as the light I could see there were a couple more, one was quite central. We all saw it but my mates rubbished it to wind me up.
    It wasn’t until I saw a UFO documentary a few years later that I saw a description of what I’d seen. Strange.
    I’ve also heard chatting voices at work when I’m there on a weekend but there’s nobody else there or nobody standing outside?

BoomBip

To try and stop their sons having sex?![/quote]

😯 Where are the houses? Kentucky?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I don’t believe in ghosts but have had two unexplained sightings in my house in the last 6 months. Both black shapes -one moving past a doorway, the other coming to the front door (see from inside). No creepy feeling, just very odd.

garage-dweller

Lots of things many of which are available on freeview.

In particular becoming famous for being famous on tv but how you first came to be famous for being on tv is in no way apparent as you appear not to be an actor, singer or similarly talented person; nor do you provide a valued service for the common good (including politics); nor do you have expertise in anything of importance to current affairs (unless you count your own hair or relationships).

clipper68
    Free Member

Every now and then, wifey and I see a shape go upstairs in the dark hallway. Odd thing was we both deffo saw it and one of our cats on my lap looked up too and did that weird chirrup noise that cats make.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Sounds similar to the old Hoover building in Perivale. Apparently drivers on the A40 used to see figures standing on the green in front of the building – it was used to store bodies during the blitz.

I don’t think that’s true. My nan worked in the hoover building through out ww2, it was used as a factory producing electrical components. The area was bombed a fair bit (RAF Northolt was a fighter base just a few miles up the road) but my nan’s stories never included people being killed in the hoover building or anyones bodies being stored there – and she loved a good blitz story.

bullheart
    Free Member

Every now and then, wifey and I see a shape go upstairs in the dark hallway. Odd thing was we both deffo saw it and one of our cats on my lap looked up too and did that weird chirrup noise that cats make.

Clearly, the only supernatural element to this story is the fact your cat morphed into a budgie.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Watching the sun rise from the top of Arthurs seat one day, saw some strange goings on at the top of a hill in the distance (this was in daylight rather than darkness); looked like an immense flag flapping in the wind, but kept disappearing then reappearing.
    Did some further research and turns out it was Traprain Law, which has quite a reputation for UFO activity.

My mum once had an intense UFO experience in Mid Wales… woke up early in the morning, noticed some strange lights on the walls and ceiling, so went to the window… there she saw pulsing rings of orange light originating from a source unknown above and behind the house, then a searchlight beam scanning the fields, before a strange beam of oscillating bubbling light, moving in waves from ground level toward the origin.

She was too scared too wake my Dad or Brother, but when she told them in the morning, they started taking the piss… the mocking intensified when they turned a light on and it started pulsing; then tailed off when they turned another light on and the same thing happened.

Sometime later when I was working in Cardiff, I mentioned it to one of my colleagues who was from around the area my parents lived… He mentioned there was a secret research centre in the Hafren forest… the power of the internet suggests this was indeed the case:

Hafren Forest Research Facility

Make of it what you will

crikey
    Free Member

I saw binners eating a salad once.
    I saw Captain Flasheart in Greggs, buying his own lunch.
    I saw molgrips not thinking about anything.

weird….

hora
    Free Member

Yes

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My ex wife was nice to me once, that was pretty weird & unexplainable.

leffeboy

It’s Friday night, it’s a UFO thread and jivehonetjive has just appeared. I predict a leffe is about to mysteriously disappear only to get replaced

settles in…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nope, just apparently convinced someone was in the room.

Didnt have to buy either of them, free rent (long story, not as interesting or relavent as it sounds)

MrSparkle

Last year at work I was on my own in an old mill we own with (amongst other stuff) a beam saw in it. I’d switched the juice and the air on and I was standing back from the machine checking my list for what needed cutting that day when the saw started. On its own. I was nowhere near the start button. Just to make this clear: it just. can’t. do. this.
    I switched it off again but I have absolutely no explanation of how that happened.

warton
    Free Member

Nope, just apparently convinced someone was in the room.

Isn’t it time to admit you were hiding in the wardrobe?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

It’s Friday night, it’s a UFO thread and jivehonetjive has just appeared. I predict a leffe is about to mysteriously disappear only to get replaced

Glad my reputation precedes me 😉

In all honesty, I’m not as open to a lot of the paranormal as I once was… in this age of camera phones, you’d think there’d be sufficient footage to irrefutably prove much of the phenomena which has puzzled us for centuries, but nothing which leaves me sufficiently convinced has surfaced.

That said, there is a wealth of mysteries, from Inca Masonry, to the Nazca Lines and Stonehenge, so despite all our technology, we have much to learn.

Still convinced of the manipulative nature of people in power though, and history has shown that to be a repetitive cycle, intensified in this age of media and subterfuge.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘ever seen something you couldn't explain (ghost/ufo/supernatural e.t.c)?’ is closed to new replies.