Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ever had a summer holiday job in an Apple store?
  • globalti
    Free Member

Gti Junior is batty about Apple products and has gone down to Manchester with a nice letter and a CV to see if he can blag a job for the summer holidays. He was in there about 6 months ago and got chatting to the store manager who told him: “You’re exactly the sort of person we want!”

What are his chances?

jam-bo

has he got skinny jeans and a stupid beard?

globalti
    Free Member

Skinny jeans – yes, beard – too young at 16!

the-muffin-man

Do he own a black polo neck?

Kuco

Don’t know but good luck to him.

skids
    Free Member

Think they got a pretty stringent application process

footflaps

Think they got a pretty stringent application process

Skinny jeans, beard, brightly coloured thick rim glasses and you have to think you’re the illegitimate love child of Steve Jobs.

plyphon
    Free Member

They also have to post all positions to their corporate website “careers” section, most likely managed by a HR dept. a million miles away.

Gone are the days of turning up with a clean shave, freshly pressed suit and a good attitude asking for a job.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Good luck to him, I can imagine many kids will think that’s the coolest job

ourmaninthenorth

Whether or not it fits in with Apple’s corporate expectations*, hats off to the lad for showing that level of initiative. I’d never have managed that at his age!

(Nothwithstanding that I am currently in possession of skinny jeans and heavy-rimmed spectacles.)

*I’m currently dealing with them at a corporate level. Very interesting experience….

onandon
    Free Member

The store recruitment is managed by a central team. the stores wont have the ability to hire directly as all candidates will need to go though an assessment and training before being allowed onsite.

footflaps

and heavy-rimmed spectacles

Are they bright red?

CountZero

My general experience of the people who work in Apple Stores is that they’re about as varied as those you’ll see in the street outside. Possibly a few more tattoos on show than a more ‘conservative’ retailer, tho’…
    And that’s the girls… 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

no but I picked them for about 5 weeks… as many as you could eat for lunch too

joshvegas
    Free Member

Scrumping isn’t techincally a job mikenewsmith.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hey I was paid for it, pears too.

Anyway some of the youngsters of the world are in for a real shock if they ever meet an actual genius at a bar.

globalti
    Free Member

How naive we were! The poor lad came back starving hungry at 9 pm having been told he needed to apply online.

I used to get on my moped and go round asking for jobs when I was a student; I landed some quite good ones that way. Best ever was night porter in a snooty hotel – what an eye-opener that was.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ever had a summer holiday job in an Apple store?’ is closed to new replies.