Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • ever had a piece of bike kit, that you sold, and……
  • ton

thought to yourself, why the hell did i do that, a couple of hours later…………. 😐

MoreCashThanDash

2005 Santa Cruz Blur 😥

bikeneil
    Free Member

No.

Jeffus
    Free Member

yes sold a red Hope BB , saint cranks with new e-13 chain ring, saint shifter, saint mech , new 105 road cassette and xtr chain 10 speed all new fitted to my DH bike then removed as I lost my job needed money, sold on ebay for £80 forgot to set a reserve 🙁

legend
    Free Member

1999 Marzocchi Super T (the old £2k ones)
    1999 (I think) Marzocchi Z1 Dual

timbur
    Free Member

Specialized Tricross SS

jimmy

Want your saddle back, Ton??

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Yep, although not a couple of hours, couple of years … I had a perfectly good set of Pikes and Revelations, sold them as I just had them as spares after putting on some Lyriks, both 1 and 1/8th 26in, thought ‘well, I’ll buy some new one’s if I need some’, how wrong was that, can’t get 1 and 1/8th forks anywhere now and second hand prices seem high to me, more than they were a few years ago, specially as these sizes are out of fashion and everyone’s supposed to be flogging them off for peanuts!

Nipper99
    Free Member

Pining for your Jones bars (as an observer of the will he won’t he sell them saga) 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cove Stiffee frame, bought it cheap, it hung up in my garage for a few weeks before I decided I’d never get around to buying all the bits and sold it for a decent profit.

Stupidly I was very anti second-hand back then so insisted on new bits which made a cheap frame a £1500 plus bike.

It’s the only hard tail I’ve ever owned, I went rigid to FS, and never even rode it.

ton

spot on nipper.

had a load of trouble with a elbow and wrist. thought it was the bars.
    sold em, it turns out it was not the bars. still got the problems.

Northwind

Not hours, but since I sold my Soul, I’ve nearly bought another one approximately 1,837,718 times.

welshfarmer

Edit, wasn’t bike kit!

Rubber_Buccaneer

No but I have a shed full of stuff i should have sold.

letmetalktomark

I’ve not even fitted them yet …….

ton

I’ve not even fitted them yet …….

i will give you more than you paid for em?

firestarter
    Free Member

My rohloff 🙁

Drac

Where’s Hora?

kazafaza
    Free Member

Why wait a couple of hours if you can regret the sale as soon as you’ve handed the bike over? A couple of weeks later hear the sad news that it was stolen from buyer’s shed?

Well, that was a grief and a half 🙁

mcnultycop

I keep reading of people who regret selling their Scandals; even though mine gets ridden pretty infrequently I’ll never sell it.

toppers3933
    Free Member

My Ragley TD:1. Absolutely fantastic bike. I regretted is before the guy had even left. I practically based him up the road. Still wish I hadn’t sold it.

bigblackshed

A whole bikes worth of Limited Edition Hope Brown (bumsmoke) components. Pro 2 hubs, M4 brakes, floating rotors, stem, etc. I broke even on the money, just wish I’d kept it all.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Nope, never.

If I sell something its to be replaced with something better.

That said, I did enjoy my ti Voodoo D-Jab, but it had to go as the wheels were too small.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

The last (2) bike related things I sold & regretted were a 247cc Ulf Carlson replica Montesa Cota & a 350cc Bultaco Sherpa!
    Haven’t sold a lot of MTB or cycling stuff TBH.

hora
    Free Member

A Blur 4X frame- I was told I’d need something slacker and more travel for a bike holiday. So I thought maybe time to try something else too.

Hated it. Got on really well with the frame I’d just sold stupidly. I even contacted the new owner and said ‘hey, I know you’ll probably say no..’ – he said damn right this is ace. 😐

Scapegoat

I once sold a Thor on eBay and it was returned amid a flurry of petulance from the buyer because it was “dirtier than it was in the photos.” It’s now on my Soul having replaced a Reba, which I’m so in love with I can’t bring myself to sell, and so I’m now saving for a frame to put that on……. or I might put the Reba back on the soul and use the Thor on a C456 if I can find one for the right money. Indecision can be an expensive thing….. 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘ever had a piece of bike kit, that you sold, and……’ is closed to new replies.