Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ever got back with someone you never thought you would?
  • dashed
    Free Member

Long story, split up with a girl who was very special to me. Been over a year, mostly my fault, wasn’t in a good place with work and location, various other crap – nothing morally wrong like cheating, just wasn’t me for a while… Anyway, still think about her most days and had need to contact her recently for some legal stuff. Imagined she hated me, didn’t ever want to hear from me again etc etc. Her reply was lovely – probably reading too much into it but spent 12 months telling myself I’m better off out of it so very surprised.

Every part of my head saying “don’t be daft”, every part of my head saying “what if…”

ads678

Tell her, she can only say no. You’ll not have lost anything.

Oh, and good luck.

honkiebikedude
    Free Member

From my experiance , never go back !

johndoh
    Free Member

From my experience…

The absolute love of my life and I split. For 18 months I pined for her, eventually realising it wouldn’t happen. Then it did. New Year’s Eve 2000 (she rang me at midnight to say happy new year). She’s now my wife and we have two beautiful girls.

freeagent
    Free Member

I met someone 21 years ago, we spent about 12 years together, in a fairly chaotic relationship. we went our own separate ways 9 years ago, and never spoke for nearly a year – then a chance meeting put us in the same room together and we decided to go out for a drink and have a chat.
    FFWD to today and we are married with two kids…
    If you are meant together I reckon you will be sooner or later.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Take my wife.

Please! 😀

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Me & my mrs were snogging (each other) in the bus stop when we were 15, went our separate ways, married other folk, had kids blah blah blah, met up again 30 years later & have been married 3 years. Both 56 now!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I was playing round with a girl when I was in my early 20’s, she was 18. We went out for a bit, nothing serious but lots of partying and playing around with each other with no cloths on. I went to pick her up one day from her digs and the lad who also lived there said she had moved down south. I was a bit gutted to be honest but she was that kind of girl.
    Fast forward 8 years and I bump into her when she is working as a bar maid at one of the boozers just outside of where I am living. We pretty much picked up from where we left off only she has gained a son and I have gained a daughter. We have been together 5 years now and I have never been happier with anyone.

Strange how things turn out.

pingu66
    Free Member

Here we go again.

If this is like the last thread it could run for weeks.

pocketrocket
    Free Member

Got back with the love of my life 18 months after splitting up with her and thinking my world had ended,

18 months later we split up again,

15 years later our kids share the same school.

I look at my present wife and think what a lucky escape I had!

Things happen for a reason.

(Edit) BTW It’s not like the ex is horrible or anything, in fact I still have a soft spot for her, FFS even the missus thinks shes nice, but.. she ain’t a patch on my wife. 😀

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Has it been a while since you had sex? If it is, then have some first and revisit the question.

Remember, if she is “The One” then this is your last chance to have some fun.

I wish I had known before I met “The One”, I’d have had a go on Rachel Weisz before calling it a day.

slowmart
    Free Member

Ahhhh it’s very much like being a Wolves fan.

Unconditional love no mater what happens, how the team perform, how inadequate the manager or inept the owner. They will always have a place in my heart and I will always support them.

But every time i go and watch them I think WTF. This is cold, its crap and i swore i’d never come back so why am i here? This happens once or twice but like a mug I still go.

Bit like after breaking up with someone. You may remember fantastic sex or events but get back together and it suddenly **** you around the head and knees you in the balls why you broke up in the first place.

If you have to knock one out thinking about her, but leave it there and move on. Life’s too short.

Del

soon as she writes me a cheque for ~ 15k we may be able to talk.

scaredypants

Ahhhh it’s very much like being a Wolves fan

[quote]If you have to, knock one out thinking about her[/quote]ah, Bully, “the Doug”, … nnngggggggggggghhhhhhhh

CountZero

I wish… 🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

There are no rules and fortune favours the brave.
    Ignore any and everything and do what feels right. What’s the worst that could happen?

dashed
    Free Member

Usual mixed STW responses as expected 😆

I’ll give Rachel Weisz a shout later and see if she fancies popping over for some sexy time before I rush into anything 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ever got back with someone you never thought you would?’ is closed to new replies.