Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ever favour the 'wrong bike' ?
  • iainc

well not so much wrong, but maybe not ‘best’ ?

I am lucky to have a superb 5 Pro 08 with lots of nice stuff, and a Rock Lobster 853 with amost exactly the same contact points – same seatpost, saddle, bars, stem, grips, drivetrain etc, although 100mm travel Reba’s. I love the Orange, specially on big days out, but ride the hardtail more. I try and say it’s because I ride in Mugdock gloop a lot and the Orange has 2.35 Rampages vs. the Rock Loster with 2.1 Trailrakers, but I wonder…

Maybe choice is good..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Err yeah. Whatever!

Riding HTs is good practice.

iainc

Riding HTs is good practice.

😀 yeah, I think I am neglecting the FS though 😛 roll on summer !

_tom_
    Free Member

Trailstar for everything. Though it is a great all-rounder so maybe not entirely the wrong bike 🙂

iainc

if I had either of my mountain bikes as my ‘only bike’ I’d probably be just as happy…

but no way am I selling one 😆

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Is Mugdock very gloopy?

4ndyB
    Free Member

There’s no such thing as a wrong bike (apart from a BSO), just the wrong terrain…

andrewh
    Free Member

Rigid SS with rim brakes is occasionally unsuitable, but it makes me better for when I’ve got the silly-light carbon full bounce and really want to go fast.
    Although I do ride ‘unsuitable’ bikes a lot of the time, I will always try to have the appropriate tyres.

Rorschach
    Free Member

The cx bike has been my no1 bike for a while-I doubt its the ‘best’ option for 70k days out round gwydir etc….but I like it.

juiced
    Free Member

prefer my 4x bike. i think it’s because I have ridden so much different stuff on it ranging from street, urban blasts,xc to dh/ play biking. The only thing I ever adjust is the saddle height.Also I quite proud of the fact the design is 7 years old and was ahead of it’s time. featuring similiarities to todays burley ht’s.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ever favour the 'wrong bike' ?’ is closed to new replies.