Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Ever clattered a pedestrian or 2?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

I know, keep thinking about one but apparently they aren’t too well made.

so at night i use the pavement. On my way back last night there were 3 youths obviously on their way back from the pub who I greeted with a cheery hello while trying to avoid them, sadly I didn’t do too good a job. I hit one at some speed, 

Fair enough, I can see why you use the pavement, but by your own admission you didn’t do a very good job of avoiding them and hit one at some speed?

They may well have been pissed but were in the confines of the environment they were supposed to be. Not like they stumbled into the road.

Slow down if you are using the pavement and be ready for any random movement

catschroedinger
    Free Member

i tend to find in most cases a well place right hook renders any **** idiot stupid enough to ride down a pavement towards me unconscious …not bothered in the slightest your helmet wont save you

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    el_boufador

Shoulder barged a girl of about 15 at about 25 mph, she went down hard and stayed down, full on ambulance and everything. Not my fault, she just did not look (she was concentrating on dodging thru a tiny gap in a column of buses coming in the other direction. The gap she was going for was so small I thought ‘no way will she cross now’ else I would have anticipated her running out. I busted my front wheel, bit grazed etc but generally OK. Got off lightly. Lesson learned for her hopefully.

user-removed
    Free Member

He goes flying, along with the handful of key blanks he was carrying which fell – glinting in the sunshine – all over the road. Was quite pretty really.

Poetry!

thered

Fair enough, I can see why you use the pavement, but by your own admission you didn’t do a very good job of avoiding them and hit one at some speed?
    They may well have been pissed but were in the confines of the environment they were supposed to be. Not like they stumbled into the road.
    Slow down if you are using the pavement and be ready for any random movement

They kinda weren’t within their confines tho, one on the pavement, one walking down the layby so I couldn’t use that and a third behind.

There’s only pavement on the oncoming traffic side of the road too so with pavement & layby blocked my only option was oncoming road.

I still reckon he leaned towards me in an effort to knock me off cos I’m sure there was space. I’d only had 3.

thered

i tend to find in most cases a well place right hook renders any **** idiot stupid enough to ride down a pavement towards me unconscious …not bothered in the slightest your helmet wont save you

Now THAT’S trolling 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Ever clattered a pedestrian or 2?’ is closed to new replies.