Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Ever bought a bike twice?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Inspired by the other thread…ever sold a bike then missed it so much you bought another?

I have just done with with a 03 Heckler. Hopefully it will live up to the rose tinted spectacled view 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yes . . . several times.

2 Kona Cowan DS
    2 Inbreds and had them both resprayed red
    2 Orange Clockworks
    2 Dirt Bros BMXs [edit] make that 3
    3 Kona Roasts and an identical Chute . . . oh and 2 Scraps 😳

I’m sure there are more . . .

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aye but you sold them again yes?

Mackem

3 P7’s

An original that I still have.
    A 2002 model that got nicked
    And a new one now.

Tried quite a few other bikes but I always go back to the P7, it just seems right for me.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yes, I sold them again Al. Still buy them all over again though given the chance 😉

MaxWall
    Free Member

Yep..

GT Zaskar I bought the Honda Team version then let a mate borrow it for a while and bought another Zaskar Team later version with disc mounts, then a couple of years later got the old one back and built it up for the wife!!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Nice one Al, welcome back.

the-muffin-man

I’ve had 5 Inbreds in various flavours!

• original geared one
    • Ti one
    • Singlespeed one
    • a 456
    • and a pink 853 geared one!

nukeproof
    Free Member

I’m regretting selling my Superlight so it’s back on my shopping list…only had it built up for about 3 months end of last Summer. Can’t understand why I suddenly felt it wasn’t right…yes I’d fallen off it a few times and I did get a lot of pedal strikes with the low BB but why did I sell it!?! It’s still very raw and I just don’t think I’m ready to talk about it yet 🙁 😉

UncleFred
    Free Member

Bought a Cannondale M500 back in 95, fully rigid, 7 speed, center pull brakes. Sold it in 2005, bought it back a year later for less than I sold it for and converted it to 8 speed xtr and V-brakes. Love it, in fact rode it this morning. Lighter than my boingy Trek fuel and climbs like a goat.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stuart – cheers

Nukeproof – I have a large old style one for sale!

kevin1911

yep. Gt zaskar for me too. My first posh bike when i got a proper job. Sold it after 5 years, regretted it within a few seconds and have now just built up another one – with the same vintage frame. If only they still made fox vanilla 100 forks…

Hadge
    Free Member

I bought a 5 Spot off Squin off here and I sold it back to him he missed it that much. An tell you the truth I’d have it back anyday too – lovely bike

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Not with a MTB but yes with a motorbike.

A Moto Guzzi V7sport beautiful bike but I needed a practical reliable bike to get me to work one that would start first press of the button no matter what the weather. So I sold it to a mate but asked for first refusal if he sold it. Bought it back 5 years later and Oh dear the gearbox blew up 2 weeks later spent a fortune fixing it then sold it for a loss.

Never go back its never as good the second time

jaycmx1
    Free Member

i bought a 29″ inbred frame off someone on the classifieds here.then 6 months later sold it to someone on ebay,recognised the name so looked through my previous wanted ads and the same guy had just bought it back.so he must have regreted selling it 🙂

duckman

A Soul that I sold to crispy, then got from him again.(CHEERS CRISPEN)

Yes.

S&M Holmes and Standard Bicycle MotoCross/125R.

desf
    Free Member

Aye, Planet X Compo.

EDIT: come to think of it that’s not strictly true as the first one was nicked. BUT I did sell a Love/Hate and now ordered a new one.

Aidy
    Free Member

I’ve snapped a Stumpjumper, and then missed it enough to buy another – does that count?

P20

Yeah, i’ve had various Stumpjumpers. The one i really missed though was my old Cannondale Raven:

Then i got one again through the classifieds on here:

😀

ton

heckler…..the minute it went, i thought ‘what the **** have i done’.
    but i have now got fund together to buy a new one fitted with talas 36s.
    would it be a good move????

but to be honest i did not like the black one i had so it is not too bad i sold it…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Do it Tony..

You know you want to… :mrgreen:

steelfan
    Free Member

I bought and sold the same Rocky Mountain Hammer frame 3 times! It was passed around a few friends and ended up with the nickname the Slag bike because it had been ridden so much!!

ton

**** right i do.
    where did you get yours…..
    can you remember what i said when i let it go, what a k nob i am…. 😕

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes in Bury..

They have an XL in stock at the Minute I think..

desf – Member

EDIT: come to think of it that’s not strictly true as the first one was nicked. BUT I did sell a Love/Hate and now ordered a new one.

Not long now Des. Off to the paintshop next week then the pre-order frames are being flown in, so another 2-3 weeks to wait.

VassagoJay
    Free Member

Inbred
    Love/Hate
    Swapped my S-Works HT for a FS with a guy the other side of the country then about a year later we swapped back 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Ever bought a bike twice?’ is closed to new replies.