Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Ever been tempted to stop off a McD's whilst on a long ride??
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Problem with pubs though is finding one, and finding a decent one. A crappy pub is worse than McDs, at least you get your questionable food fairly quickly in McDs and they at least have milkshakes.

jimster
    Free Member

True, however the OP question was “Whilst on a long ride??” and I wouldn’t stop at McD’s – I find more country pubs doing “decent” food as opposed to the muck they serve in McD’s, even if it is a ham and cheese toastie.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah I’d say a lot of “townie” pubs won’t let you in with muddy shoes etc.

Down in the Downs a lot of pubs are only too welcoming to us lot of outdoorsy types, In part I think we make up a lot of thier trade. Often you can leave the bikes outside up against a tree and scoff away only to be disturbed by the “pub dog” Different story “in tarn like”..

I’m now going to consider a McD stop off on a late eve ride to me mates, see what they say. We have in the past stopped off on the last few hundred mtrs of one of our more used rides at the chippy, couldn’t handle that…

D0NK

Years ago I used to call in for a chocolate milkshake whilst doing some “urban” riding (dicking about on steps/concrete blocks etc). Can’t think of a “proper” ride that has a McDs halfway round, doubt I’d be tempted either, a decent pasty shop tho now thats a different matter 🙂

not fond of pubstops either TBH you end up sat down too long and getting going again is hard work. post ride tho hell yes.

tony_m
    Free Member

Track 5 – sadly the sample omits the sound of a freewheel followed by those fateful words “Welcome to Burger Shack, may I take your order?”… 8)

Attila Horvath – Bike Rock “Fast Food”

handyman
    Free Member

often spesh after a day of biking, like people above are saying after several hours of energy drinks etc the fat content helps the stomach and when you get the shakes or bonk you just need food NOW and McD or the like are quick

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

BK yes, . . . . Macydee No!

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve boycotted them every since they refused to serve me at the drive through because ” you’re on a bicycle” I only wanted a flipping milkshake, that was 1993, not been back since

ooOOoo
    Free Member

they still do it in 2011… I was only trying to keep my mud off their floor, sheesh

cheburashka
    Free Member

+1 for KFC. If it’s good enough for Usain Bolt…

Anyway wasn’t there a thread on here recently from someone who ‘bonked’ just after eating a Mc-murder burger, wrong type of carbs etc?

druidh
    Free Member

I have, a few times. But then I’ll also stop at BK, Greggs, pubs, cafes or whatever. I really don’t know where all teh haterz get off on McDs – at least it’s not frozen/re-heated pub food and shite beer.

Elmo
    Free Member

We thought we were being naughty after last years MM slipping into the service station Mcdonalds on the way home.
    The carpark was full of bike shop vans, manufacturers vans,team vans, and cars with bikes in and on!
    Inside were queues of weary soles, I suspect more people succumb to the temptation of Maccy d’s than they admit!
    I don’t think I’ve got to one mid ride. Managed a kebab about 2 miles from home though!

tang
    Free Member

Only once in my life. I was on acid at 6 in the morning after an all nighter in the hills. Tried to eat something but whatever it was was such a writhing mess on the plate it looked like jabba the hut on speed, that and the staff, I freaked out. Never again.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

someone who ‘bonked’ just after eating a Mc-murder

Hora’s busy trying to get parts he’s broken fixed on warranty

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I never get tempted to call at McDonalds any time, never mind while on a ride!

forge197
    Free Member

For breakfast pre-ride yep, wouldn’t fancy a McD mid ride.

prettygreenparrot

No. Never.

jordie
    Free Member

was on a 22mile long cycle path in florida and there was a Dunkin Donuts at the end 3 donuts and a coffee then back along the path yum yum
    🙂

trailbreak-martin
    Free Member

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

occasionally I will stop at the golden arches after a ride and stuff myself full of carbs and a bit of protein. As my diet is 90% clean and I have a fast metabolism I can get away with it.

What is there to get away with? Do they now only serve people who have 90% clean diets and fast metabolisms?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Ever been tempted to stop off a McD's whilst on a long ride??’ is closed to new replies.