Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Events you wish you attended, crowds you wish you had been in.
  • athgray
    Free Member

Saw this got me thinking.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b22SQoLNiA4[/video]

I would have loved to have seen this. Would also have loved to witnessed the Gettysburg Address also. What other events do you wish to have attended, historic, sporting, musical or otherwise?

Northwind

Quite a parochial one this but Donington Monsters Of Rock 1994. Basically it came right as I was starting to get into rock and metal so there was tons of press, and the whole thing went out on radio 1 (mostly live, some recorded and broadcast later). So I was reading about it, listening to it, taped it and played those tapes to death… a bunch of bands that I came to love played it- still listen to the recordings of the Wildhearts, Therapy? and Sepultura sometimes 20 years later. It had such an impact on me, maybe I’d have come round to these sounds anyway but maybe not and the love of rock and metal kind of made me.

Anyway, that’s about as formative as it gets for me, so, to travel back in time and live it would be incredible. Make this stage my rubicon 😉

athgray
    Free Member

Northwind, I thought of it after watching clips of events (concerts) I attended, but it is interesting to hear of those that got away, either by bad luck or timing, or the sheer significance of the event.

Talking of Donnington, I would have loved to have been there in 1993 watching Senna in the European Grand Prix.

lapdog
    Free Member

So many! Coming across Bilnd Willie Johnson playing on the streets in the American Deep South, Robert Johnson playing live in some juke joint, Hendrix at the Marquee club in 67, any gig by Robert Belfour or Junior Kimborough……etc,etc.

DavidB
    Free Member

Sex pistols at the 100 Club

JFK’s shooting (only so I could see what really happened)

Side of the road when Armstrong “looked” at Ulrich

Orbiting space when whatever happened to the dinosaurs happened

wrightyson
    Free Member

I was at monsters in 94. Went a couple of times around then.
    Would loved to have seen Freddie at liveaid….

wrightyson
    Free Member

Berlin Wall being knocked down would probably have been a decent night too.

mattbee

Northwind, it was an absolutely epic event. Was my first big gig, after a couple of years going to the Wulfrun or Civic in Wolvo.

I turned down a ticket to the Cult’s last tour as I had an a level mock exam the next day. What a loser…

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Queen at Wembley stadium. I was offered a ticket but I turned it down. Na, I’ll see them next time…

Aaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh. Idiot!

roper
    Free Member

Too many historical events, But I would have loved to have been in the crowd the first time Beethoven’s 9th was played. Understanding the life of the man which had lead to that moment.
    Also, when Albert Ayler played at John Coltrane’s funeral.
    Oh and Mozart’s Requiem.
    I would also liked to have sat with my Grandfather while he painted. Not really a crowd but an event to me.

stumpy01

Centre court at Wimbledon in the rain, the year when Cliff did an impromptu gig.

Ooooh, I was at Monsters of Rock ’94!

As above, I reckon the party when the Berlin wall fell would have been pretty awesome!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Events you wish you attended, crowds you wish you had been in.’ is closed to new replies.