Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Events of 2010!
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So i'm just thinking about getting my butt in gear and entering a 24 hour race in 2010! I can't find the calendar anywhere on website (I may be being a muppet!!) anyone know what dates the 24 hour races are????

It also got me thinking what other races/events should I look to enter for a change and a challenge? I'm planning on doing some triathlons, maybe a few 10k runs …… any other ideas??

ton

kielder 100
    ss euro thing
    whinlatter enduro
    charity road c2c

these are the ones i have commited to so far.
    gonna do a few more.

sparkywalts
    Free Member

The bontrager 24/12 is meant to be amazing

Held all over the country

sharki
    Free Member

http://www.xcracer.com/content.php?pid=10

plus lots more popping up all over the race.

The big march STW quantocks ride is rummoured to kick off again, with a full weekend of frolicking in the hills.

mdb
    Free Member

Brighton Big Dog – 6 hrs – was ace last year and I reckon will be even better this year. Probably August at Stanmer Park.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Relentless is in October, so a good one to aim for because you can do a 10 or 12 hour race beforehand.

It's also the best one I've done- compare it to courses like MM and SITS and it's much more fun, but also stays in one piece if it does more than drizzle.

I'd never do SITS/MM again- the courses go to pot with moisture and the riding's no fun. Wonderful atmosphere though.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

But does anyone know when SiTS or MM are this year?

sharki
    Free Member

SITS 7th/8th August.
    MM june 18th- 20th

robdeanhove
    Free Member

If you're going to do a 24 this year, surely the one to do is the 24 Hours Of Exposure

ENTRIES HERE

You only have to look at the entry list to see it's the 24 solo must do of the year. Organisers include the guys at SIP that did last year's Kielder 100 as well as support from Exposure and Morvelo who brought the Brighton BigDog so should be a great atmosphere. The lack of teams of 4 flying past at 3am will help to create a much more enjoyable experience too!

robdeanhove
    Free Member
    robdeanhove
    Free Member

Oh, and good and fun other events to do would be:

Brighton Big Dog
    Kielder 100
    MaXx Exposure
    Dusk 'Till Dawn

In between the Exposure Lights Big Night Out weekends that coincide with the 100 Marathon to make massive Welsh weekends are great events

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Events of 2010!’ is closed to new replies.